Coffee anyone ?

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Your are right on the diapers thing… DW and I are discussing cloth ones. I might just pull her to the dark side.
I recommend disposable for the first week or so, at least until the meconium poop is done with.

Right now we are using disposable until our little one is out of the newborn size and then we plan to start using primarily reusable. We got the kind with inserts. They have lots of snap points so the same diaper cover can be made smaller or larger as the baby grows.

Cecilia's-herd

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I recommend disposable for the first week or so, at least until the meconium poop is done with.

Right now we are using disposable until our little one is out of the newborn size and then we plan to start using primarily reusable. We got the kind with inserts. They have lots of snap points so the same diaper cover can be made smaller or larger as the baby grows.
Ohhh do you have a no link? I would love those!

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
Are you concerned about bringing some chicken disease home from the show?
To be honest, I am really not super concerned. This was the first big show I have made it to in almost two years, but usually with showing around these people three times a year, our flock gets exposed and I haven't had issues. I get way more concerned about what we might bring back from an auction, but I still go out to those, we just quarantine two weeks minimum, or at least two weeks after the last death from the new birds.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
This morning I didn't bother to get up before daylight. Means coffee is brewing and I wish faster. :caf won't be long, just ready for it now. It's 66 in here....brrrr. cold front came through and I had left windows open a touch too much. 50 on porch. We didn't get a huge amount of rain as the heavier stuff was more N of me. Winds did whip up some, not bad. We should have sunshine and lower 70s all week. Mid 50 nights. It all sounds pretty ok to me.;). Easing into Fall.

I woke up thinking of things I need to do out there. Guess I have a list in my head. :idunno Hope it gets crossed off better than the ones on the counter. Have my coffee now. Things should brighten up. Help yourself....it's fresh and hot! Better get the feed list written down, want to get that picked up while grass is drying off. TSC opens in a few.

Have a GREAT day everyone!!! :frow:yesss:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
It's 43 outside and 64 inside. Coffee is good this morning. I sold the chick brooder yesterday. It was a 3 stack on a roller base, on the porch. Another big chunk gone!

The bunkbed I ordered was supposed to be delivered November 1-4, but shipped immediately and will be delivered tomorrow. Great. My plans were to paint the inside of the house, then set the bunkbed up. Oh well. I've got to make sure the hotwire on the backyard is working and put Paris, Trip and Carson in the back yard tomorrow, open the front gate and wait for UPS which most likely will take all day. They usually run in late evening and I have had deliveries anywhere from 5 PM to after 10 PM. With a big box like that, I don't know if it will be the regular schedule or sooner in order to get that big box out of the way. :idunno

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
We are as chilly as you @Baymule ... down to 43 and right at 52 at 10:30.. house is barely 60 so going to put the heater on in a bit to take the chill off while I work in here. Going in to make some hot cereal... need a little warm up... and put a sweatshirt on over my long sleeved T-shirt since this is not enough... yesterday had on a short sleeved shirt all day even with the showers at the apple butter festival....
Fall is here... It is sunny and pretty out. Leaves wills start to really change color now... and I will be gone and miss most of it....