Coffee anyone ?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I sat out in the cold, wrapped in my parka, lined warm gloves and flannel lined blue jeans. I love those jeans! Walked into a factory outlet store (reject store LOL) and there was a rack of Cabela's flannel lined jeans for $5.99!! AND I had a 20% off coupon! I got 3 pairs, looked online and those jeans are $50!!

Anyway, I got some chicken soup going and DH took over. He brought me a bowl outside when it got done and told me everything I was doing wrong. LOL I made him go back in the house. It was COLD! I know for most of you, my cold is a walk in the park to your cold, but I don't care. Poor DH, he felt bad, and I wouldn't let him outside to play.

I smoked 3 sides of bacon, cut in half to make it easier to handle. One side was for a customer that bought half a hog from us, the other 2 sides are ours! it is now in the refrigerator, chilling. I'll slice it tomorrow.

I got out some Ramburger and hamburger, DH made patties and I smoked them. We had Ramburgers for supper.

Here's the bacon!

img_2225-jpg.5501

After all that I needed comfort food, so I made us a microwave brownie in a cup, topped with Redi-Whip.

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
Anyway, I got some chicken soup going and DH took over. He brought me a bowl outside when it got done and told me everything I was doing wrong. LOL I made him go back in the house. It was COLD! I know for most of you, my cold is a walk in the park to your cold, but I don't care. Poor DH, he felt bad, and I wouldn't let him outside to play.
I saw a picture a few minutes ago from Caldwell Tx (just West of Bryan), with about 2" of snow on the ground......

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
When I was the Youth and Family Minister at a small town church, sugar cream pie was my and the senior minister's favorite pie. Now, the senior minister was a little bit younger than I because of my late start getting into Ministry, but that's another story. We were good friends, and worked well together.

The ladies of the congregation liked knowing our favorite pies so they could bring one in to us from time to time. They said it made it so much easier that they could just make 2 of the same kind to bring in to each of us.

I have come to find out that a lot of folks outside of Indiana and maybe the Pennsylvania Deutch are not very familiar with sugar cream pie. If they are in other states, they have ties to Indiana and Pennyslvania or have ancestry here.

Interesting enough, the same goes for playing Euchre, which goes well with eating sugar cream pie.
My recipe actually calls it Hoosier cream pie.... :) and yes euchre!