Coffee anyone ?

Blue Sky

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’ve got coffee for ya’ @Blue Sky . After waking up to be a new Lammy Grammy, you need it!
Limping on good knee, stumbled over something in container yesterday morning, did full face plant on floor. Banged knee, elbow, lip and forehead. I cried, cussed and had a general meltdown. Put up tools and limped to house. Stayed in recliner rest of day. Rubbed knee with Arnicare, couple more times, this morning swelling is down, still hurts but not as bad. No bump on head, fat lip swelling is gone, elbow ok.

Going to Galveston this morning. A friend is catering a wedding, asked me and her mom to help. We don’t have to serve, just set it up in the morning and leave. Be back Sunday afternoon.

Y’all have a great weekend!
Thanks for coffee. Pay attention to your shoulders. Rotator cuffs are funny things. My left one was torn in a fall but I foolishly ignored it in part because I needed a bunch of stitches in my knee too. Which I foolishly failed to get until the infection because
I’m “tough” and I’ll just go to work and hobble for a week. Got immediate attention at the Doc-in-the-Box though. In my defense I have rarely hurt myself and these days I have a very nice GP and a PA with no sense of humor. I’m determined to get her to laugh on my next/last visit. Forward medical jokes to Blue Sky.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
I don't have a GP....probably need to select one from their "list" and go interview them...in case :lol:.. but then, I figured I could just wait and go to a Patient First if/when I needed treatment for whatever. 🙄 And not waste my or Dr time. 👍 Makes sense.

Time at home in bad weather is the pits! I'm annoyed not being able to do what I want/need outside, I eat and nap...to kill time. Then I'm up when I should be in bed. I mean, it's not even 4am and I'm on here! 🤨🤔😐. It's Sat so not even the early news is on TV. Rained off and on most of day Fri .... I cooked, did laundry, some cleaning, walked outside between the rains! :he. This is why I schedule my jobs on bad weather days. My jobs were all done or I'd have been out today!:rolleyes:

At least there's the auction later today. I can go there during the rain! :love:idunno

Guess I'll go fix some hot tea.

Blue Sky

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ah Dr. Pepper. Breakfast of champions. My Friday 13th bottle lamb has an infected eye. Thinking maybe an inverted eye lid so spent yesterday trying to get a vet appointment. No luck. My vets are unavailable and the referral vets are all covered up. Maybe an opening in 2-3 days. Meanwhile I got some Vetricin plus and applied. Wow what a difference. Eye is open and eyeball clear. Eye lashes/lids look properly positioned. Still a lot of drainage but I’ll take the improvements. Lamb is nursing so so but that might improve with eye getting better. It’s hard to believe how few large animal vets there are these days. Our soon to be new place has 4 in the immediate area and I noticed a lot of goats and sheep in pastures too. I’ll post a pic of the lambster as soon as he’s ready for his close up 😜.

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
Got a couple food grade barrels for water troughs. Guess we get to find out if sheep like coffee.;)
20220514_120047.jpg

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Had a friend who, years back, found a fawn in one. 😩. I'm surprised they used that photo😳🤣

We've had rains all week. Looks like a repeat coming.☹️. Not thrilled. Plus I'm fogged in this morning. 🤨

Blue Sky

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good morning. Another stealth lamb this morning. Nursing mom well so my bottle lamb won’t have a roommate. BL still has drainage from his eye but the infection is much better. Vet tomorrow if I have to drive to Ft. Worth. At beer o’ clock yesterday Hubbs and I discussed the idea of selling the flock and starting a new one sometime around the end of the year. It would make the move easier, we wouldn’t be trying to slap up a safe pen and grazing for 70 plus sheep in the summer heat (likely with the Sellers-as-Renters looking on with disapproval because we’ll need to hire help, the from out of town help, because in the the twenty plus years we’ve had acreages not one neighbor has ever helped us with fencing even though they benefited from it). Anyhow I’m also in my annual “let’s raise Dorpers or Katahdins or anything other than the Painted Deserts we have” phase. My flock is birthing, nursing, weaning, aging, coming of age etc and looks like a bunch of old shag carpets. (Wispy fleece balls drift by). It’s tempting. Fencing at a leisurely pace in October. Sorry for the novel length posts lately. There’s a lot on my plate. Enjoy your Sunday everyone.

Latest posts