Coffee anyone ?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
WOW! @Blue Sky any idea what caused that? Good thing you got her to the vet in time! And now you have SiriusXM! What a smart dog! Even in her sickest moment, she was thinking all about her Mommy and wanted nice music for you to listen to. What a thoughtful dog! :love

@Mini Horses sounds like you are getting the neighborhood that we all wish for! Lucky you!

Blue Sky

Herd Master
Reaction score
WOW! @Blue Sky any idea what caused that? Good thing you got her to the vet in time! And now you have SiriusXM! What a smart dog! Even in her sickest moment, she was thinking all about her Mommy and wanted nice music for you to listen to. What a thoughtful dog! :love

@Mini Horses sounds like you are getting the neighborhood that we all wish for! Lucky you!
I have no idea what happened to Sophie or where. She and Hubbs and Leo were taking their daily noon walk to check on the flock and LGDs. He didn’t see anything but didn’t watch her every minute. They just walked the mile fence circuit, no incidents she came in 5 minutes later very muddy, stung or bitten at that point. Then off to the vet double quick. I will check a couple of places for bees

Blue Sky

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sophie is home but not in good shape
Tongue is still enormous and she periodically panics. The thinking was put her in a familiar environment rather than house her overnight at the vet’s office with no supervision. Thinking maybe a snakebite. Would post pics but they’re pretty awful.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Tongue is still enormous and she periodically panics. The thinking was put her in a familiar environment rather than house her overnight at the vet’s office with no supervision. Thinking maybe a snakebite. Would post pics but they’re pretty awful.
Feel free to post them on my journal if you want. It may help someone else recognize the symptoms quickly and save a life.

I was thinking maybe yellowjackets stung her. But those probably would have stung your husband too.

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
What did the vet guess?

Blue Sky

Herd Master
Reaction score
What did the vet guess?
Snake bite on tongue. Tongue swelling won’t let her close her mouth and is blocking airway. Steroid and anti inflammatory treatments. Now a waiting game. She panics and bites and claws at her tongue and mouth. So I’m keeping her quiet. Swelling is down a little. Vet hydrated her with IV because she can’t drink. See @Baymule’s Journal. She let me post pics there.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh @Mini Horses , meeting that neighbor, "again" is the greatest thing since sliced bread... It is so much more enjoyable to do chickens with someone else... not all by yourself... and a plucker.... how lucky....
And to be able to share the knowledge of canning... helping each other... SOOO HAPPY for you....

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
This morning it's 57 out. Going to low 80s with sunshine! :celebratesame for Wed. Some rain Thurs, scattereds...then 2 days of 80-90. Yes! Nice weather. I've opened windows to cool house. Will close them in a couple hrs to mimic AC....for free. 👍

Yesterday DS brought the loaner rotary tiller home for me to use. Blessed to have it! This friend said, it's just sitting, I know you can use and will appreciate it. Buying is on the back burner until I use and see if it's what I want. It's 4' and I wanted 5' but mainly to cover width of tractor wheels. I'll try it tomorrow and report back. 😊. Anyone with one, pros/cons appreciated. Today, I'll work some jobs, give DS chance to look over and hook up. I had called a rental place and they charge $150 a day for theirs. Whoa!

Have plants to get planted, mulch and cardboard to use, seeds waiting....garden happens this week. I see a lot of work!! 🤔😬🤫 Be careful what you wish for! :lol:

Time for feed chores, a hot shower and dress for work. Enjoy your day! :highfive::frow

Latest posts