Coffee anyone ?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
58 this morning and 85 now! How's that for reversal? 😁

But got out early and worked in garden, moved some animals in pastures, and chores before it got hot. Made it nice.

Tractor is in sick bay. I work tomorrow...first day in a week 😊...so at least Thur before the tractor shop sees me. 🤷. Actually dread going back to work tomorrow.

Honeybee Hill

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Thundering like crazy here. A few sprinkles so far, looks like it will pass me by. But it knocked off the satellite tv, I was binge watching Yellowstone. Been too hot to be outside. Now no rain and no TV. Stoopid satellite.
Oh Yellowstone is one of my favorites! Another is Longmire-have you seen it? So gooooood!

It's 5pm here, and I'm finally fully awake. I was on call last night and a house fire in the neighboring town had me out most of the night. Overnights are the worst, and I do two a week. Consecutively, so I can have the rest of the week nights to sleep. I can't wait for my time off in July. :weee

The Guinea keets are already growing feathers on their wings-they're a week old. I guess they're more advanced than chickens!

Blue Sky

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ok. What’s Yellowstone? No really I don’t watch tv.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Did you ever watch "Dallas" on TV ???? It is sorta a "Dallas" on steroids, with the good and bad offspring in the family... set in Montana... Yellowstone is the name of the RANCH.... rather salty content....add in conflict with the native tribe on the border... unscrupulous politicians... all sorts of little subplots....
You can watch Yellowstone on Paramount or get the DVD's... Modern day western .....sorta......

Honeybee Hill

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Good morning everyone! Second cup in, and I'm getting ready to return the responder car at 6. DS3 has his regents today, and his physics teacher wrote to me that he's missing labs so tomorrows physics regents cannot be sat for. I've emailed this guy, but my older kids all had him and apparently he's got a problem with some kids and does this. So, my blood pressure is through the roof over this one. (I watched him do the labs...so I know there's a problem.)

I am having pain in my left thumb joint this morning, I must have jammed it at some point. That will make life just that much easier. :he I have so much to do, and my left hand just hurts. I think I'm going a little crazy, 24 days to the wedding, and my nerves are shot.:th

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
On my first cup of coffee, was wide awake at 4:30. I'd rather sleep until 6 or 7, but here I am! I washed last night's dishes, made coffee, now I guess I'm waiting on daylight so I can let the sheep out in the front yard that I've got electro netted for them to graze. Then I'll have to dry lot them. Grass is about done, we are in drought and temperatures are hitting 100 to 103. Today will be their last grazing day for awhile. We need rain.

Chris and I will take down the rafters and framing on that back room today. I'll be pulling nails and stacking the lumber on saw horses to be covered up with a tarp. After repairing and replacing all the rot, I'll get gutters put up front and back, then we'll put the roof back over the patio. It will be a nice covered patio.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Baymule are you taking Chris to new farm to help put up buildings and fence 😁. Y'all are on a roll, don't stop the engines.

Job work today 🙄 Rats! Then 4 days home. Next week a "regular" work week. Boo.

Rains late day, today. Better hussle to get home for chores before that happens 🤞 but won't need to water the garden. Only mid 80s today. Nice.😊

Blue Sky

Herd Master
Reaction score
Starting the day with iced tea. Oncor left a notice about tree trimming but I can’t figure out which ones they’re after. I planted a Texas lilac under a line maybe that’s the culprit. I thought it would stay under 8 feet (about 6 feet now).