Coffee anyone ?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is hot and ready, help yourself! Cream is fresh, just spun out yesterday. šŸ˜

Overcast and gloomy because of that. Rain? Maybe?

So I have a big pot of cottage cheese working. Hope it's edible when done. Regardless, chickens will still devour it. :lol:. First time I've tried this. Plan to start a jar of yogurt later, more mozzarella this evening. Extra eggs are easier to pawn off than milk. šŸ¤«šŸ¤­. Looking at 6dz of those. šŸ¤·

Right now I need a kick to get into gear!

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Raining here!!:celebrate had run to corner store, then had to sit in truck in my driveway at return for 20 min of heavy downpour. Stepped into an inch running down the concrete...after about 45 of heavy stuff, slowed & still raining -- slow and steady. We can use a couple hours of this. Hope we get more tonight. We're dry several inches deep!! I don't like that.

Update. The cottage cheese was that & quite good. Wow...who knew I could this ?! :old:lol: very tasty with the blueberry preserves I made last week.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I woke up at 4:00 got up and washed dishes. They have been piling up, been to tired to stand up that long. LOL Coffee is ready, cereal for breakfast. Back to the farm this morning to do more prep work for painting.

Blue Sky

Herd Master
Reaction score
So you are going from black clay gumbo concrete/goopy gooey mud to sand? Oh, you are SO going to LOVE the sand!!!! Sand has its drawbacks but is nothing like black gumbo. Our land in Livingston was black gumbo. My feet would slide apart just standing still when it was wet. It stuck to my boots, every step, my feet got bigger. Once, against my advice, my husband buried his one ton truck to the axles. It took a bulldozer to pull him out. Our place in Lindale was pure white sugar sand, like a Florida beach. Iā€™ll take sand over black gumbo any day! Black gumbo cracks house slabs too, our house slab in town was cracked, the garage was separated from the house. I donā€™t like black gumbo, in case you havenā€™t noticed. LOL
My new place seems to be a mixture of sand and clay with red clay/dirt if you start digging. Iā€™m happy with that. Good luck with your new place, you are going to be real happy with it!
And no foundation watering. Or far less. A real struggle to keep trees alive. They can be watered but cracks can pull the root systems apart. My pond is going dry too. Upside to that is bentonite can be applied. This place looks so different from early May when it was purchased. Weā€™ve done our best but weā€™ve never seen it so dry here. :mad::he

Last edited:

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Aha....you'll get a slight break just getting tires. Don't fall asleep in the waiting room. šŸ¤£

Finishing coffee....do chores....go to work....reward self with 4 days at home for farm work! Next week I have 5 days of at least 10 hrs each in stores...not looking forward to that. Yep, working into OT, which company hates but too bad! They accepted the jobs for us to do and not enough reps to work. I consider it my "Boer does and fence fund". :lol: Week after next, another overbooked .... I'd LOVE to be fired for OT. :oldšŸ˜. It's ridiculous...one week 10-15 hrs, next one 50-55, with finish dates that don't allow change. Corporate needs help!

Right in middle of canning season...:barniehow dare they. šŸ¤”

So far new buck is being such a good boy. Talking to me and cautiously coming when called. Of course, rut isn't far off.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee, pls! Worked cleaning elderberries until I said "enough" last night. Still several quarts looking at me, in a pan by AC. :idunno o_O. Later.

There's the produce auction tonight. Hope I can remember it later, when it's time to go there. Off work until Mon, so could process things.:rolleyes: Do I NEED anything? Maybe a rest :lol:

Onions...I'd buy those but, rarely are there any. Might be some fresh dug potatoes about now. I'd can those but wouldn't have to do at once. Maybe a few peppers...couple boxes...cut and freeze. Hmmm ... I'd have to thaw corn on cob, cut off and can for freezer space. :oops:. This has got to be a cheese weekend, frig is full of milk again. This is why many just go to the store as needed. :oldhow to turn it off?

So I'm looking in my supply room and amazed at the accumulation! Had a bunch of $4 coupons on TP & paper towels. It was $5.95, plus $1 digital coupon, plus my $4 one...with tax $1.03 for 8 dble rolls and my coupons running out. What was I to do???? Yeah, bought. Loaded!!! With already stashed, have 100 rolls? PT ended up at 32 cent each...have 16 rolls but rarely use except canning season. That made it ok. No more!!

I have a problem. :lol::eek::th:caf

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
I woke up at 4:00 got up and washed dishes. They have been piling up, been to tired to stand up that long.
TSK TSK! What happened to the paper plates! One travel mug for coffee to rinse out and go. One large travel mug for ice tea to rinse and go.
It's so hot, just eat the steak frozen. You know, like a giant meatsicle! Presto! No dishes! LOL