Coffee anyone ?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Another day of I don't like cold ... 45 high. Its 40 now, so little change. Going to 20 tonight 🥶🥶 :th baking a chicken, helps heat inside. Sandwiches for a few days.

My only plans -- stay warm. :old. Heck, I'm shivering and shaking my head at 6' of snow:ep. How would I feed???

CLSranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
My only plans -- stay warm.
Good plan. It's 15 here this morning. Need to catch horses but need to shower first. It's always hard for me to jump in the shower in the morning when wanting to do something else. Catch 22 I should shower before I get dressed to do anything outside. (I may have made a quick run out in my thermals shhh) But I hate getting out of the shower in the frigid cold. The wood stove is warming back up.

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yesterday was fun and tiring. Sheep show in morning and nephew's football game in evening. I got home and saw Pepper limping AGAIN! I need to catch her and do a doctor check. I wi try and get pregnancy sample at same time.

She's the remainder of the 2 super wild dorper crosses. Not sure her future on the farm if she's open.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Mine is a big pot. Hot, strong, ready. Temps out 27. Inside only 57! Heaters turned on..brrrr. this has GOT to be Jan. Better check -- kidding starts then :lol: did we skip Dec?? White out there.

Slept in just a tad this morn...:caf time now. Then chores.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Down to 21, sun coming over the treeline across the road now... up to 37 and will jump 10 degrees as soon as the sun hits the temp recorder... then it will drop a bit as sun moves , then as air warms it will come up to the true high temp for the day. Days should be warmer this week... 50's into 60:fl:fl:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

CLSranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Down to 21, sun coming over the treeline across the road now... up to 37 and will jump 10 degrees as soon as the sun hits the temp recorder... then it will drop a bit as sun moves , then as air warms it will come up to the true high temp for the day. Days should be warmer this week... 50's into 60:fl:fl:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate
About the same here. I bought some diesel winter treatment yesterday, to load up the farm truck and tractor before I leave. Went to move the farm truck this morning and it's acting gelled already. Even after 8 a.m. It may need a jump as well. Should be above freezing soon though.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I"m not even going to try to start the tractor at the hayfield until noon or so... Don't know if DS has done anything about "winterizing" it since it has been in use for all the haying. I need to check the Ford I mostly use for raking and make sure it has antifreeze... I think the last time I checked and put some liquid in it was antifreeze as that is what I had on the truck at the time. DS will take care of all the bigger ones he uses around the barn/farm in the winter but sometimes this one gets forgotten.
The greenhouse/shelter is one of those "shelter in a box" type things from TSC several years ago. It is very light inside even though not clear panels... and it warms up nicely in the sun on these cold mornings. Then when I go out and let the chickens out of the crate, I open the zip up door on one side, and prop the panels open a bit for the chickens to come and go... and it cools back off some...

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Long weekend fini for me. Three days of prep and judging a dog trial (scent detection). Three days on my feet all day. No complaint - people were good. Some person/dog teams were very nice and a joy to watch work. Weather all three 3 days low 40s to mid 70s -- loving that for sure. Feeling for the rest of you with the real cold weather. I admit I am a weather wimp and proud of it. Grew up in the midwest with the lucky you got above zero in the winter many times and skiing to school. Sooooo - yeah a weather wimp, proud of it, and know that I'm in a better place at least weather wise!
Had a quick cup of tea and breakfast sandwich - english muffin, sausage, cheese and fried egg (a fave and way better than McD) and out to graze the sheep. Now it's catch up from basically not being here.
Stay warm everyone.