Coffee anyone ?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks @canesisters and @Finnie

I just had a deep tired.

Reina shakes her head up and down, sideways and I’m afraid she will hurt the other side of her face. This is not working.
Soooooo….., I went to the feed store and bought a “humane” twitch. It’s not the wood handle and chain, but I was feeling a little inhumane.LOLI would have liked that wood handle and chain.
This twitch has been a game changer. I can hold it with one hand, reach in my pocket, get the tiny bottle, unscrew the cap and squirt drops between her eye lids.
Then I give her a treat and let her graze. And with all this torture, I call her name and she comes to me, head up, ears up, I give her a treat and snap the lead on her halter.

Blue Sky

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks @canesisters and @Finnie

I just had a deep tired.

Reina shakes her head up and down, sideways and I’m afraid she will hurt the other side of her face. This is not working.
Soooooo….., I went to the feed store and bought a “humane” twitch. It’s not the wood handle and chain, but I was feeling a little inhumane.LOLI would have liked that wood handle and chain.
This twitch has been a game changer. I can hold it with one hand, reach in my pocket, get the tiny bottle, unscrew the cap and squirt drops between her eye lids.
Then I give her a treat and let her graze. And with all this torture, I call her name and she comes to me, head up, ears up, I give her a treat and snap the lead on her halter.
Animals can do the hello I must be going stuff. I’m glad you found something that works.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
2am check she was fine. Just some swell at girly parts, tiny mucus. And rompom can slow heartbeat & oxygen enough to affect blood flow to uterus & kids. Then the reversal drug to wake her. If she holds them until Tues, I'll think all is ok. She was breathing loud & even while under, so maybe it will be fine. 🙏

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’m pulling for Lily and her kids. By the time they are born, we all are going to be Goatie Grandparents.

Coffee is ready. Woke up at 3:00. Tried to go back to sleep, just wasn’t happening. Going to make a feed run, got to go an hour away. After years of trading at a feed store in Lufkin, except for the 7 years in Lindale, they no longer carry the feed I use. I used to drive from Livingston to Lufkin for Martindale 14% all purpose pellet. We moved to Lindale and drove an hour to buy that same feed. I fed it to the horses, sheep, feeder pigs and even the chickens. They open at 7:30 and I’ll be there! It’s gone to $13.50 a bag. It was just under $10 until all this fuel hikes and inflation hit. But any sheep and goat feed is $16.95 and up. I’ll get the feed, come back, do chores then unload feed. Reina will get her 6 eye drops plus nighttime drop today! I may even let her have some Show Sheen on her mane…….been using it on MY hair! Poor horse hasn’t had any yet! I guess I’ll share….

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Going to take me a bit to catch up here!! :D =D ya'll been busy and having coffee a lot! :lol:
I've been away from my computer most of the week - just too busy going, doing, and getting stuff done.
It's been coffee or tea on the run or drink chug-a-lug.
Still up to the regular morning grazing, it's taking longer and longer now that there is so much green. LOVING IT while I can. brown will be around the corner sooner than I'd like.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’m pulling for Lily and her kids. By the time they are born, we all are going to be Goatie Grandparents.
I would love that!! 🥰. Gave her today's antibiotic shot. Tried to "hug" her to find any movement. Can't touch hands. Pushed at tum, too full to budge and kinda hard, looking for my stethoscope...🤨🤔

Was cold frost this morning. 29ish. Went to feed store while cold, came back and did chores.Now sunny & warm...having a lunch break. Think I'll get a sandwich and hussle back out to accomplish something else. Need a couple stalls ready for kiddings...good day to get buckets hay racks and fresh bedding in. 👍

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hope Lilly and kids are ok. Glad to hear that your 2 am check showed her looking good. That was a horrendous looking injury to her udder. I am amazed that the udder will still be functional! Injuries like that from horns are why I recommend disbudding to everyone. Some injuries from horns are not even intentional but can be devastating.

Blue Sky

Herd Master
Reaction score
Lost Gabby and the old ewe. Everyone turned a corner yesterday and I resigned myself to “all livestock becomes dead stock”. Haley, number 2 bottle lamb is choking on formula and I cut the tiniest possible bit off a Pritchard nipple to accommodate. She is ok. Needs sipppies instead of feedings, I’ll get it done. 5 more ewes to lamb. Be good moms, be good moms, be good moms. Normal births. Keep your inside bits on the inside please. Also- still better than most days I had at the office. But if you told me back then I’d trade it I would never have believed it.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’m so sorry that you lost Gabby and the old ewe. It hurts. You did your best, but it just wasn’t meant to be. Even taking a hit like this is better than a day at the office. Heck yeah. The joys far outweigh the losses and that keeps us coming back for more. Big hugs.