Coffee anyone ?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready. Last night, just as I was ready for bed, Sentry went nuts. Barking, ferocious and hysterical barking. Even though the sheep pens are just across the driveway, I drove the car and shined the headlights on him, so I could see what it was. An hour later, situation was resolved and I was coated in mud. I took a shower, was wide awake and I gave Sentry all the credit. I put it in his LGD journal.

It’s in the 40’s and wet. Today would be a good day for me to get my tax stuff together.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well it has warmed to 47 this morn, going to 70. Good day but, rain comes with -- they say dark to just before dawn, maybe 3/4". Better than earlier forecasts. 👍

I have come to the conclusion that I don't LIKE starting early anymore. Hope it's just a short term phase I'm going thru 🤔🥴. It wastes so much time, daylight. Thinking it's just seasonal change lag -- like jet lag :lol::old

Need to take the diesel fuel can with me today. Want to tractor this weekend, needs fuel, no special trip -- I'm working right next to a station today. Putting a note on my door to read as I go out! CRS 😁

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I still haven’t done anything constructive this morning. I’ve kept a close eye on Buford and yelled at him from the front porch quite a few times.

The storm last night knocked a big oak tree across our road and nobody could get in or out. County ought to have it passable by now. I need to go to TSC for a heat lamp, only have one. The other tub of chicks has 2 drop lights with 75 watt bulbs. Going to get colder, so I gotta get with it. I’ll have to put Buford up while I’m gone. Still not dressed to meet the outside world. Those baby chicks sure ought to appreciate my sacrifice for them!

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Home all day...no motivation to go to work 🥴or do anything, for that matter. I just felt 🥱😴😵‍💫 all day. Dozed off and on. Winds were 20mph and steady!! Warm temps. Rains on the way. So fed early, no one complained. 😁

Milked...1/2 gal from one side, should have taken another pint. Then a pint from side the kid is using. Yeah, only nursing one side -- not unusual with a single. But she is a really heavy producer and he can't drink 2.5 gal a day! She gets relief, I get milk. It's ok, she's fast and easy. Plus customers will be thrilled. Have two more to wean kids -- who are on hay, grain and grass -- that's a next weekend job. A fourth is in the wings for wean and milk. 😱 Busy is coming!!

Gave one qt to my excited cats...some chickens crowded in, too. 🥰

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Must be a BLAH day everywhere. I had no motivation either... did run a couple of errands but then just did looking at Lowe's and Walmart on the way home.
Weather didn't rain like they said, breezy and warmer than I expected, but cloudy all day. Just did not feel like working on the fence/posts/wire. Have had a couple 1 minute sprinkles, looks like we are going to get a little more this evening. Have had "almost diarrhea", today, and that does not make me want to go too far from the house/facilities.... :barnie:he:he. Oh well, tomorrow will be better I hope.

Heard on the news that the "Pilgrims" (poultry company) plant, is shutting their plant in Glen Allen VA.... near where we have the poultry swap.... 600 jobs going to be lost.... a sign of the times????? Don't know much about it... @Mini Horses have you heard or seen anything about it down your way?
Some more problems with this "First Republic Bank"... and the main Swiss bank ......

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
Milked...1/2 gal from one side, should have taken another pint. Then a pint from side the kid is using. Yeah, only nursing one side -- not unusual with a single. But she is a really heavy producer and he can't drink 2.5 gal a day! She gets relief, I get milk. It's ok, she's fast and easy. Plus customers will be thrilled. Have two more to wean kids -- who are on hay, grain and grass -- that's a next weekend job. A fourth is in the wings for wean and milk. 😱 Busy is coming!!
Maybe a milk bath in your future? LOL! Weird how much chickens like milk. Mine like it even more if I let it clabber. Heck, I even like it clabbered!