Coffee anyone ?

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
Woody's! YUM! That was a 'have to" stop on every trip to/through Dallas from here. Turkey jerkey, jalapeno bread and a hunk of cheese. Road food!

If you ever on 71 between I-10 and La Grange - gotta make a stop at Hruskas. Kolaches galore!

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Makes me want to eat!! That's a loooong road trip from here. 😶 It sounds so good.

65 inside and 47 out. Neither good but, outside needs a jacket. They say only low 50s today. Did someone flip their weather calendar backwards??? It's almost April. This is 15-20 degrees below aver norm here🤔 But sunny!!!!!

Looks like job work today....then I can have a week at home -- which I greatly need!!! A "mental health" week. :lol: :old several days to not even consider a job.👍

So coffee, feed, milk, bottle feed twins, check for anything needed while on the road -- tractor diesel? -- and go, coffee mug in hand. 😁

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
65 inside and 47 out. Neither good but, outside needs a jacket. They say only low 50s today. Did someone flip their weather calendar backwards???
yes! 17°F this morning, might get to freezing. 20°F overnight tonight, barely above freezing tomorrow. Mid 50s Saturday then down below 20°F overnight and not above freezing Sunday. It is NOT spring yet here!

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Another rainy day - got the dogs out and sheep fed before it started. We've had hail at least three times today (pretty rare to get any). Lots of wind too, and severe T-storm warnings out the wazoo. It seems Mother Nature is giving the weatherman a run for his money - or rather his own personal hay-day.
It's been weeks since I've had the sheep out to graze, and it's looking like I'll be lucky to snag any graze mornings in at this rate as the hills on the ranch are turning to yellow - the go to brown yellow, not the flower yellow. Such is life.
With all the rain days and too wet to do anything days I feel like a lump on a log doing basically nothing. When all this finally stops I hope I can get back into the swing of things rather than sit around sipping tea, drinking coffee, and reading.
Saturday and Sunday are supposed to be sunny high of 65 - and then .......... forecast rain on Monday.
Update - and yet another bout of hail as I typed this.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Staying warm and dry inside. It’s that kind of day.

2BDD932F-065F-4751-9A1D-C9B30E0F71A7.jpeg

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
It's been weeks since I've had the sheep out to graze, and it's looking like I'll be lucky to snag any graze mornings in at this rate as the hills on the ranch are turning to yellow - the go to brown yellow, not the flower yellow.
Dried forage is just as nutritious as green forage. In fact more so since green forage is a high percent water. Read Ulf Kinzel's article about grazing on dried forage compared to green.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Dried forage is just as nutritious as green forage. In fact more so since green forage is a high percent water. Read Ulf Kinzel's article about grazing on dried forage compared to green.
Including foxtails??? When they head up hard should I wait a bit until they get whimpy??

Latest posts