Coffee anyone ?

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
But at least you aren't breaking the bank and filling the dump with plastic that will be there for a thousand years.

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
A thousand years?
By golly, that sounds like it fits the latest buzzword we hear so often..sustainability. Probably gluten free too.

If that were the only reason for using the refillable ones, I probably wouldn't Bruce.

I burn all my own household trash and haul only metal and glass to the trash compactor.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I thought they had pills for that now??
(I wouldn't have posted that for anyone but you Bay)
Once in a great while I might take an Advil. I take no prescriptions and plan on keeping it that way. I just suck it up and keep going. One of these days I'll probably get knee replacement surgery. But that kinda bothers me......DH's doctor said they are good for 40 years. Since a lot of people in my family live to 100 and beyond, I don't want the damned thing to wear out on me. :lol:

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ah but seeing as how DH's shoulder replacement improved his life immensely, I would think you would be giving that knee replacement serious thought. But, yeah, it would suck if you were still active at 100 like DW's aunt and had to have it replaced then. I bet they would give you a life time guarantee though.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ah but seeing as how DH's shoulder replacement improved his life immensely, I would think you would be giving that knee replacement serious thought. But, yeah, it would suck if you were still active at 100 like DW's aunt and had to have it replaced then. I bet they would give you a life time guarantee though.
He had knee replacement too. That also tremendously improved his quality of life. My turn will come. :thumbsup

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Mom had one knee done and just "couldn't find time" for the other. 20 yrs later -- the replacement was still great, original issue was very painful and kept her from walking. Some medical assists can work well. Just saying.

Wehner, glad your fall wasn't worse! You know what to do for the resulting soreness. Oh, I'd lovesome cookies!

Keurig. Had 3 of those machines (free from demos) gave 2 away and used one. They are fine when you want just one cup. Yep, have couple of those refill/reuse. I hate, hate, hate that grounds get out & into my cup. Some do have little paper filters, they cost big time for use. Now Keurig has made one with a screw on cap -- which keeps the grounds in the cup!! It's $12 but if it works it would be fine.

The Green Mountain coffees are tasty!:) When doing demos & got freebies, tasted even better. Now I have a lot of canned ground to use (demo freebies -- & a new drip pot, with timers, cutoff, etc) and make a pot. Summer will prob go back to Keurig & the "new" refill cup. At an office they are great -- people can bring their own cups.

Today I am on cup 3 and checking off computer to head to work. Everyone have a GREAT day.

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
Some do have little paper filters, they cost big time for use.

Not too expensive. I've got a bunch (300 ct bag I think), but have only used 'em a few times.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ekobrew-Paper-Filters-100-ct/51989543

ekobrew.jpg

Latest posts