Coffee anyone ?

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
Had coffee very early this morning, (well before sunrise) and sat out back and enjoyed the fragrance of gardenias.
gardenias.jpg

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I slept late. I was exhausted. Finished with the last of the Cornish cross last night at 9:23. I processed 12 yesterday. I cut them up, vacuum sealed and frozen. I canned the backs and necks for dog food, 12 quarts. Two batches that had to pressure for 75 minutes. Then I canned 16 pints of broth. I was tired!

Coffee is much appreciated. Thank you @RollingAcres .

RollingAcres

Herd Master
Reaction score
chores and rhubarb pie is finished
@promiseacres is it just rhubarb in it the pie or with strawberries or other fruits? I have lots of rhubarb but I don't normally do anything with it. Maybe this weekend I will make some rhubarb muffins.

Finished with the last of the Cornish cross last night at 9:23. I processed 12 yesterday. I cut them up, vacuum sealed and frozen
I "feel" tired for you! lol. Are those all for your own future consumption or do you sell the cut up meat as well?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
@promiseacres is it just rhubarb in it the pie or with strawberries or other fruits? I have lots of rhubarb but I don't normally do anything with it. Maybe this weekend I will make some rhubarb muffins.

I "feel" tired for you! lol. Are those all for your own future consumption or do you sell the cut up meat as well?

We processed 44 over 3 weeks, each batch took 2 days to slaughter and process. We sold 10 chickens which paid for half the expenses, even down to the ice we packed them in, so not bad.

https://www.sufficientself.com/thre...-2018-cost-profit-loss-or-freezer-meat.15621/