Coffee anyone ?

RollingAcres

Herd Master
Reaction score

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the coffee. I actually slept hard last night, only woke up one time. I have been up for an hour, it felt good to not have to get up and go. Yesterday our 10 year old neighbor boy came to work with us, his mom drops him off on her way to work. He likes to hang out with us, he piles into whatever we are doing and we pay him for it. He is coming over again tomorrow. Yesterday we weeded around the fruit trees and other areas as well. Then we cleaned out the sheep lot and spread around the trees. After that we called it a day and had lunch. Then I took him home.

He is currently going to be a bull rider. He will start out on calves, but needs his safety equipment first. He is saving up for the vest and helmet, his uncle will loan him a bull rope. We will have to be certain we don't miss his first ride!

RollingAcres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the coffee. I actually slept hard last night, only woke up one time. I have been up for an hour, it felt good to not have to get up and go. Yesterday our 10 year old neighbor boy came to work with us, his mom drops him off on her way to work. He likes to hang out with us, he piles into whatever we are doing and we pay him for it. He is coming over again tomorrow. Yesterday we weeded around the fruit trees and other areas as well. Then we cleaned out the sheep lot and spread around the trees. After that we called it a day and had lunch. Then I took him home.

He is currently going to be a bull rider. He will start out on calves, but needs his safety equipment first. He is saving up for the vest and helmet, his uncle will loan him a bull rope. We will have to be certain we don't miss his first ride!

That's great that he's willing to work and learn and of course getting paid is a bonus! Not many kids nowadays want to work at all.
Future PBR in the making! Please post pics(with his parent's permission) of his first ride when you go.
We took our son a PBR show last year and he had a blasts and has been asking when he can go again!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
He is too old to go to day care, he has 2 older siblings, but they are in and out. So we try to have him over to "work" a couple days a week. He asks his Dad if he can come over and work for us. It helps break up the boredom of being home for him, his parents are glad that he is not at home by himself and we enjoy him being here.

I remember going home from school with a key around my neck from 3rd grade upward. Both my parents worked and sometimes it is a tough situation. I remember being bored to death and would have loved to have had "adopted" grand parents around.

Latest posts