Coffee anyone ?

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Ridgetop brought DV and I each a breeding harness complete with crayon. RT was twisting it around, trying to show us how to put it on a buck/ram. Some how it just wasn’t getting through to us. So I got a model for RT to strap the harness on.

Carson is such a good sport! What a sweet boy!

We had a lot of fun, too bad RT and her husband have to head towards home now!

LOL
YES!!! That is SO cool, that @Ridgetop brought each of us to a breeding harness! I got a blue crayon. :celebrate I'm looking forward to putting it on Danny Boy and getting our girls bred. :D This will help take the guesswork out of it all. . . Did he??? Didn't he???? :lol:

RT also brought each of us a jar of homemade apricot jam, which is out of this world! As soon as we got home, I just had to open it and try it. I just LOVE apricots and I wasn't disappointed. It is delicious! :drool

Oh and RT and her DH brought @Baymule and I and our DH's each a cool "Cabelas" baseball cap. DH put his on and left it on 'til we got home and went out to do chores. He exchanged it for his headlamp, because we got a late start and it would be dark before we got back in -- and it was. :lol:

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am NO LONGER a "bus driver or rider"...:lol: … DGD is licensed and has a school parking permit. Today was my last day. It was good news. I do NOT have to hear a 5:30 alarm in AM; do not have to leave before daylight each morning. I am happy & it isn't even morning!!! :D:old :idunno Been a year & I feel relieved. :D =D

For those of you on Medicare, you know it is "open season" to switch from conventional to a "plan". Having never researched very far into this (I've never even used the Medicare I have paid for over 8 yrs), but decided to check this year. Now, I see that I can actually get to USE one of the plans without being sick or injured.:cool: They have a OTC benefit. So you can buy a good amount of "stuff" -- pain relief, bandages, skin care, vit/min, dental items, etc. They have quarterly amount you can spend for such (almost $300 a yr). I am thrilled at the prospect. :D Like, I only PAY now...with this I could pay and RECEIVE a benefit. WOOHOOO -- they will pay for my toothpaste, wrinkle cream, Alleve, bandaids,etc. Plus some limited dental pay outs for cleanings, minor work, etc. Yep, next week when I have a couple days off I'm gonna check out some of these plans! Heck I could spend a few hundred of "my payments" :D =D. They have the "silver sneekers" benefits, also. Means I could go to the local YMCA gym free. Nice in winter when some of our activities are slack -- some good equipment at ours. What a find.

My day has been great! Can sleep in tomorrow and "found" a way to spend $$$ a second time. :celebrate

Hope everyone else has such a great day!!! :yesss:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Look at it this way, this is a FREE forum where we can talk to all our friends. We can get and give advice, receiving and giving help. We share pictures, admire others animals, oooh and aaah over all our barns, wood piles, fences, dogs, animals and everything near and dear to our hearts. In the computer world, updates happen. The comfortable old shoes get tossed out and the new shiny shoes have to get broken in. Before long, the new shoes are comfortable too. So get with the program, we have to learn our way around, we can ALL do this.

Big thanks to @Nifty for providing us this wonderful place to gather. For many of us, this forum is our lifeline. We know there are others like ourselves out there and we don’t feel so lonely. I am grateful.

Big thanks to @CarpCharacin for all the work you are doing and for putting up with our whining while we adjust to the “new shoes”.

Get another cup of coffee y’all and figure out this new stuff!

Pulled 52 pounds of Wilbur out of the freezer last night, going to make stuffed sausage today, DH will smoke it tomorrow. I’m really sick and tired of pork roasts. LOL still have stacks of enormous pork chops, fried 4 yesterday, they are a pound or more apiece. Raining and cold today. Got to do chores, go to TSC because I got COUPONS! Bye for now!

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Today was a great day here....DGD received her written award/acceptance at VCU, with a full ride!! She was one of 42 who had applied for six available openings in their theatre program. Bonus, she also received one of three fully paid....even her dorm, etc. We are so, so excited and PROUD! She graduates this June and goes there for Fall. Honor Roll student and all that! What a gift. She also had been awarded a $10K scholarship, last Spring but, may not collect it now if not needed with this award from VCU. Another student can then benefit with that grant.

It's about 1.5 hrs away, so not a bad ride to visit here or there, in Richmond, VA. Excellent rated school. She will study production, not acting, so the lighting, stage, film, and all the things "behind the scenes". She became interested in this here in our own rural but progressive school system & has been working with lighting, taping, etc, at the school. She's taken all manner of math, science & language courses (straight As in 2 yr of latin! Who takes latin?)...college prep stuff. SATs excellent, she has earned it! :yesss: We are blessed.

That's my brag. Had to share. LOL

Xerocles

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Yesterday I was bemoaning the fact that it was 12:30 pm, I was wearing a sweater for chores, and the furnace came on to maintain the house to 62f. In the middle of May. Now I know a lot of us are dealing with the same situation....But I decided to do something about it. All my life, I've delt with society's constraints of time, and days of the week and such. But I'm RETIRED! So I no longer have to live in the same reality as everyone else. In my universe, it is now APRIL! And petty nice weather for April by the way. So sorry for all those out there in that "other universe" dealing with unseasonable temperatures.....But I'm much happier with lows in the upper 30s and highs in the upper 50s, now that I have come to the realization that its only mid-April.
It's my delusion, I'm happy, and nobody better try to "wake me up". 😇

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
The storm came through here ... I've seen worse, which is a good thing. The preliminary bands carried a LOT of disturbance in some areas. Several tornados hit, not huge but, damage still. One in NC did a lot of damage in a trailer park, one confirmed dead, two missing. Crews there searching, etc. About 40-50 miles S of me....way N of Bunnylady. Another hit 15 miles S in VA and one 20 miles N of me. :(

Here, I got almost 5" of rain. My saving grace was no rain for almost a month until just last two days. That softened to top ground enough to allow this huge dump soak in and not run off to cause damages and flooding on roads. A walk about shows no damage that I see. Thankful for that. DID lose power for 7-8 hrs, just came back on about 45 min ago. Yep, right after I filled the generator with gas & started to plug into the meter connection. Bam -- ON. Nice.

I still had coffee this morning, compliments of instant, a jug of water, heat by a can of sterno and light by my headlamp. :lol: Sipped & watched it rain as daylight showed the wind blowing rains across the fields. Not much else to do. :idunno Right now it's sunny and nice.

Hope the rest of the E Coast members can chime in soon. Let us know you're ok!

Last edited:

Latest posts