Coffee anyone ?

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
Not sure how to retrofit that.. maybe a temp gauge that beeps on your phone when it drops below temp?

Or, a spring hinge that will automatically close the freezer door?
They are available as aftermarket and Model specific or if it's an old freezer and you don't mind a bit of 'rustic' look, a spring hinge like is used on many french (think saloon) doors.

alarms...
There's a link in each of the 4 devices listed below. (1st one is just a thermometer) Follow them for prices and more info:
http://www.freezerhub.com/freezer-alarms.html

Last edited:

MatthewsHomestead

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Look thru the pictures till you find one that suits your fancy. Click on the picture and it will take you to the post or thread. (you may have to click twice, but not exactly a double click)
https://www.backyardherds.com/threadloom/search?query=hay feeder&tab=656
Thank you!!! About to go check it out since I can't sleep tonight. Was down most of the day with a heat migraine. We were under heat advisory today. Schools shut down all outdoor activity between 1:45am and 6pm today because of it.... A positive though, lady needed room for final cutting of the season so we scored 30 bales of medium quality horse hay for $2 each. Normally she sells for $3ea. Everyone else around us sells lesser quality for about $5 so we definitely exchanged numbers to keep her as one of our "hay dealers"... came home and found that one of the kiddos left the barn door unlatched to the side we store the hay in.... all three goats and Rose were all up in there and had made a big ol mess. Yay. And of course they just looked at me like "what mom?"... silly critters....

RollingAcres

Herd Master
Reaction score
So I have an embarrassing moment to tell y'all. This was like one of those "America's Funnies Home Videos" moment but actually happened to me last weekend. :he:hide
Last Friday my son spent a night at a friend's camp. On Saturday I went up to spend some time at camp with him before bringing him home. While I was there DS wanted to go kayaking so I had to rent one. Welp, the office didn't have any kayaks at the time but they had paddle boats available. So we rented that instead.

We(DS & I) walked over to the dock to get in the paddle boat. I let DS get in first. Then it was my turn to get in. Now the paddle boat was tied to the dock with the front of the boat(where the paddles are) next to the dock. Instead of spinning the boat around so the side where the seat is, is close to the dock, I just stepped into the front of the paddle boat. I had one foot in the boat, 1 foot still on the dock, that's when the boat started to move away from the dock. You know where this is going...So there I was 1 foot in 1 foot out, doing the split and then ended up falling in the pond! :barnie:lol:
I'm sure the campers across from the pond had a good laugh at me! :lol::lol::lol:

MatthewsHomestead

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
So I have an embarrassing moment to tell y'all. This was like one of those "America's Funnies Home Videos" moment but actually happened to me last weekend. :he:hide
Last Friday my son spent a night at a friend's camp. On Saturday I went up to spend some time at camp with him before bringing him home. While I was there DS wanted to go kayaking so I had to rent one. Welp, the office didn't have any kayaks at the time but they had paddle boats available. So we rented that instead.

We(DS & I) walked over to the dock to get in the paddle boat. I let DS get in first. Then it was my turn to get in. Now the paddle boat was tied to the dock with the front of the boat(where the paddles are) next to the dock. Instead of spinning the boat around so the side where the seat is, is close to the dock, I just stepped into the front of the paddle boat. I had one foot in the boat, 1 foot still on the dock, that's when the boat started to move away from the dock. You know where this is going...So there I was 1 foot in 1 foot out, doing the split and then ended up falling in the pond! :barnie:lol:
I'm sure the campers across from the pond had a good laugh at me! :lol::lol::lol:
Where's that darn camera when you need it!?

Latest posts