Coffee anyone ?

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm going to go over and see about cutting or pulling a tree top off my brother's fence. The other end is still up in the tree. gonna be tricky since the top fell in the gateway.
That place still hasn't sold and I kinda want to take care of it.kinda don't.
One of these kind of deals..
rontree.jpg

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
all three goats and Rose were all up in there and had made a big ol mess. Yay. And of course they just looked at me like "what mom?"...

Yeah -- WHAT???? It was for us, right?? :D

I kinda want to take care of it.kinda don't.

That's true of many things in life...:lol:

This morning I slept in -- until 7 ! Dog woke me to go out. Have a day off and decided to sleep, run errands and use it as a "holiday routine" type day. Sure am enjoying it. I have 4 days in a row off next week :celebrate and can do my farm work then. What's a couple more days of waiting?? :D =D

Fed up, opened coops, etc. and came in for another cup of coffee -- turned on computer for researching a couple things I felt "might" be doable to assist with feed issues. With that, I can say that reading about raising mealworms does NOT make the coffee taste good. :\ But, it is a more cost effective way to provide this feed that they like and is good for them, nutrient dense. Crickets are next on my list and just haven't gone there yet. Trying to finish coffee. :D =D

The feed store is on my list.....hanging a couple loads of laundry (beautiful day! Love sheets died outside)….even cleaning inside :thWow, that will be a feat in itself. :D

I plan to walk a couple fence lines to measure distance and see what/which I will replace next week. There are several to choose from :lol: and at this juncture I want to select those that will assist with winter rotational graze. A couple areas of cross fence are candidates for several strands of hot wire on the current posts, removing the remaining wire fence. I will concentrate on the new wire fence on perimeters, in the Spring I can reconsider the cross fences and if needed in some areas. The old mini horse herd is dwindling by attrition. Some pastures can combine now. Goats have some different needs in both graze and fence type. Plus my finances have different needs. :) Trying to use what I have before spending where I do not need to spend. Have a couple rolls of 2X4 no climb waiting for me to put up.

Noticed I have a couple run-in roofs to repair next week, also. Hope the weather holds out for me....cooler would be nice.:caf Guess it's time for the cricket research now.

Last edited:

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm going to go over and see about cutting or pulling a tree top off my brother's fence. The other end is still up in the tree. gonna be tricky since the top fell in the gateway.
That place still hasn't sold and I kinda want to take care of it.kinda don't.
One of these kind of deals..
View attachment 51809
Yeah that looks like a lot of NO fun. Be interested to know how you manage it without some part of it dropping on the fence.

Here’s the donuts
Good thing you let the kids have some before you posted them, folks here might not have left any for your family!