Coffee anyone ?

Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the cinnamon swirl bread @CntryBoy777!! I like mine the same way! ;)

@MatthewsHomestead I agree that Rufus isn’t a good fit for your family. Sometimes it’s just a matter of finding the right place. I personally rehomed a Standard Poodle and a Goldendoodle earlier this year. It broke my heart but it was in their best interest. Since having DD2, they weren’t a good fit for us any longer and I miss them but they are so happy and spoiled now.

This hurricane has lots of people on edge! I’ll be praying!!

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
@MatthewsHomestead just turn the picnic table upside down. Flat, it will be ok. Bunnies -- Can you tarp them??
You may be ok that far inland -- heavy rain, winds but should be ok.

Ahhhh, cinnamon bread! Thanks. Smell & taste all in one bite. Had coffee a little late, sitting in my truck waiting for a store to open. Got that last 2 hrs of work completed for the week, for that company. It's sunny & mild outside now. Seems I have been given a couple hours to play on the farm :D Just had lunch and will head out. I'm certain I will find something to do!!:lol:

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ohhhh, this hurricane has me worried..... I don't usually worry over hurricanes. Heck I grew up knowing and living nothing but.... This one, it has me worried......:hide
How far are "the foothills of NC" from the coast? And are you high enough to not have to fear flooding??
Stay safe!!

Donna R. Raybon

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
You are doing the best for you and Rufus by rehoming him! Dalmatian were bred to be high energy and run and be aggressive/suspicious of strangers. They are very stubborn and hard to train. Especially the males! As a kid growing up we had a blue eyed female named Cleopatra. She was an exception, being biddable, smart, and affectionate. All other Dalmation I ever knew where bad to bite and pretty much destructo dogs!!
It is hard what you are going through, I have had to admit defeat more than once myself.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I canned tomatoes today. My tomato crop was just meh.....I got a few at a time, not enough to do anything with. So I cut them up, cored them and put them in gallon bags in the freezer. Over the summer, I got 9 bags. This morning I got started on them. I canned 10 pints and 3 quarts of spaghetti sauce with onions, garlic and mushrooms. I canned 20 pints of tomato sauce, turning off the pressure canner at 4:10 and dashing out the door to drive to town and pick up the two little grand daughters from day care. Son in law had a Dr appointment and daughter was in Commerce taking a test for her PHD. Oldest grand daughter was with another teacher that is also their neighbor. I took the two littles home and stayed there until my daughter got home. Then I came home, fed sheep, gathered eggs, and cooked supper. I am tired.

Latest posts