Coffee anyone ?

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
That isn't snow, it is ice. On a hill. Nothing worse. Those people would have been smart to not keep trying to make progress after they hit the first object and stopped. That guy at :45 was truly an idiot. You NEVER touch the gas on ice and only the brakes lightly HOPING you might slow down a bit. But pretty much the only thing that will stop you is a clear patch of road or an immovable object. Even an uphill won't necessarily stop you, come to a stop and start sliding back down. They all should have stayed home.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Lots more fun than watching you car get destroyed! You are then out of a vehicle for a week or more depending on when the auto body place can get to it. OR you are scraping up money to replace your totaled vehicle because it is highly unlikely you can find a comparable one for the money you get from the insurance company.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
OR you are scraping up money to replace your totaled vehicle because it is highly unlikely you can find a comparable one for the money you get from the insurance company.
Aint THAT the truth! Ask me how I know... :somad:somad:somad On 2nd thought... don't ask. :tongue

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
I watched a lot of those today.it's like slow motion demolition derby. The ones on I-85 I-84 and on the Penn turnpike up north aren't any less spectacular.

i85.jpg

pennturn.jpg

readingpilup.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=icy+roads+accidents+usa

Last edited:

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
:th

I remember 1 year down in Texas it got icy.

I STUPIDLY actually got in my car.... no joke... all I can say is I was younger than 30... :idunno but I had good tires and AWD. I went slow and smart... most everyone had stayed home, so no worries about having to stop short etc.

I got to my office, and parked. I had to walk around the car to get to the building... so I had my hands on the car to keep from slipping on the ice... AND I PUSHED THE CAR SIDEWAYS!!! :ep

It was only then that it dawned on me that driving to work to grab some paperwork... had been a royally stupid idea. :eek:

I still wasn't smart... could have just spent the night there.... walked home... whatever... nope..

I drove home. :confused:

But again... slow and careful and I made it with zero problems.

That night on the news they showed the post office parking lot, where the postal workers park. They had gotten to work fine, but the wind during the day had pushed the cars all up against the fence in a big mess.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on. Still some cake left. Freezing rain here...:thbut we have no where to go. DH is working on a bean head in the field though... praying he stays safe. His manager is a bit daft lately.... :tongue

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the coffee. Got down to 23 degrees here last night! At 7:22 AM its only 28 degrees, high today of 56 degrees. At least there is no snow. I made walnut, pecan, Raisin Bran muffins.

Rammy

Herd Master
Reaction score
Lots more fun than watching you car get destroyed! You are then out of a vehicle for a week or more depending on when the auto body place can get to it. OR you are scraping up money to replace your totaled vehicle because it is highly unlikely you can find a comparable one for the money you get from the insurance company.
@Bruce, it was a joke.........:th