Coffee anyone ?

Mrs1885

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Grandkids are the best. I tell our kids that their kids make their rotten selves worth it. ;)

I have the three year old granddaughter with me this morning. Youngest daughter came home a week and a half ago to farm sit while hubby had surgery and is recovering. Bitty woke up and came downstairs when she smelled the bacon cooking. She grabbed a piece and ran back upstairs to put on her princess dress for breakfast. LOL

Attachments

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I made it clear to my husband long ago to skip the frou-frou gifts, don't bother me with jewelry or frippery. I wanted POWER TOOLS, I wanted a TRACTOR, I wanted a DUMP WAGON (I used it to death and the neighbors got me another one for Christmas LOL) I wanted SADDLES and HORSE GEAR. I wanted HAY, I wanted a STOCK TRAILER. On our 20th anniversary I found a barn sale out in BFE, so we went. I got a 3 stack CHICK BROODER for a hundred bucks! When I found our newest horse on the kill pen Facebook page, I told him she could be my anniversary, birthday, Mother's day and Christmas present for the whole year. My normal Mother's Day and Birthday gifts are 5 pound boxes of deck screws of various sizes. Love those things!

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Brat had kids about 11:00. Twin boys. Oh, well, it's fine. Mom & kids doing great. Just in from last check for night. All full tummies, mom expelled placenta, I cleaned pen. :D =D To bed, to bed. Even got some colostrum to freeze. 5:30 will come very soon!

Everyone have a great day -- when the sun comes up. :frow

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
I've got three of my grands with me this week! They're fantastic kiddos and I'm enjoying every minute. Today they are in charge of dinner. DGS (12) is going to make meatloaf - GD 11 is making homemade mac and cheese and the 8 year old GD is making salad. I think we're all going to work on some homemade bread. Not exactly low-carb - but who cares when it's made with love, lol!

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Today -- I skipped work! Yep, was scheduled and did not want to go, so I stayed home. :D =D Moved the planned jobs to next week and didn't have any concern about doing it...I didn't WANT to go work in stores. Rare that I have such adverse feelings but, today I did. It's almost like calling in sick when you ain't. :D

Did get a lot of "paperwork" done at home that had been put off and needed to move forward. Did it!! Feels good. My goats & I had a lovely milking session. No rush, no concern, lot of milk. The chickens laid well today. :clap Overall, I recommend staying home. :lol: While I do have to work tomorrow & Friday, I did advise mgr I was not working the Sat job, have a goat auction. :D =D So, move the job or I will skip it on my portal.:idunno I feel liberated.:D

Some days, you deserve a day off! This was mine. And the weather was awesome. Tomorrow, I will awake to reality :lol: but, I sure enjoyed today. :yesss: Retirement looking better & better. I'm ready...just a couple things to finalize first. :old

Meatballs, tomato sauce and asparagus for dinner. Now, I'm having wine...bed very soon. Hey, 2 glasses & I'm asleep. :D You know the good for you thing....healthy...:rolleyes: It surely is relaxing!

Everyone enoy THEIR day tomorrow.:bunny :frow