Coffee anyone ?

SonRise Acres

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
View attachment 57841 Coffee is on.
@SonRise Acres hope your son is doing ok this morning
Was out until midnight... had a blast with my friend/farrier painting our halfies, hers is a cross. She was a great support when I was debating, searching for a new horse.

I love it. You had fun AND have a great momento of the evening.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
He’s not a fan, that’s for sure. He talks funny now and swallowing is hard. Forget chewing. But they assure me as he gets used to it that will all subside. I have to turn it once a day in order to make his upper palate spread over the next 6 months. Freaked me out completely but I did it.
It is new, you both will get used to it and it will become routine. As much fun as it is not, isn't it grand that the improvements can be made to his mouth!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
He’s not a fan, that’s for sure. He talks funny now and swallowing is hard. Forget chewing. But they assure me as he gets used to it that will all subside. I have to turn it once a day in order to make his upper palate spread over the next 6 months. Freaked me out completely but I did it.
Our grand daughter had something like that. Had a serious under bite and had to do the mouth spreader thing.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on.... prepare for leftover cheesecake for tomorrow. :)
We have 3 kits in a lovely nest and looks like another doe (experienced ) will have hers today. :fl now if they just stay warm enough. I brought the 3 in overnight but woke up at 5 worried if their mama understood what I was doing. So they are back out to feed, possibly stay now that I can check on them often to make sure they are warm. The rabbit shed is definitely staying warmer now, but not sure if it's enough.

Mother Hen

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Morning all!
Wow, I sure missed this thread and had alot of reading to do to catch up on everything.
If some of you don't already know I'm no longer living in New York. I live in the Central part of Virginia and here on March 2nd I'm going to be moving to the outskirts of Chesterfield, VA.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
I hope the bunnies stay warm!

It's 61 here this morning :ep Yes, couple days of summer here, mid winter -- mid 70s last 2 days, now dropping back to 40 for a couple...AND THEN 50 rest of week :th They say 50 is "normal". Guess it hasn't been "normal" for a couple of years. :D Been nice while it's here. Hoping it stays in 40s & I'll be THRILLED! :celebrate May have some rain first of week but, it's been dry for several days, so it's ok. :D =D

Goats will start kidding first week of March and we all know decent weather would be a real plus. Can't believe it's time, already. Not sure if all are bred, some look not to be. Buck was with them...:idunno Young buck who just made his own schedule. Showing no interest now, hmmm. Maybe some singles? Guess I will know in April. :lol:

I am hoping to get seed starts going this week. The weather promises Spring will arrive and I so want my garden to work this year. 2018 was a total bust. Between weather & work, just nothing. I promised myself better this year! Don't we all, every year? :cool:

Ahhhhh….need the coffee. Had hot tea this AM because I didn't prep pot for this AM & didn't feel like making at wake up. Ready NOW. Going for it.... :caf