Coffee anyone ?

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Spring starts tornado season for us ... or movies on the laptop in the cellar season as my kids call it. LOL. Every area has their things. I grew up with tornadoes so they don’t freak me out. But my brother moved to California and called me while grocery shopping to chat and an earthquake hit. He just kept chatting because it was a “small one”. Sorry buddy, the ground moves under my feet and I’m running in a panic.
I'm very familiar to tornados having lived in the Memphis, Tn are for 40yrs or so....the heart of Dixie Alley....I sure learned to read the sky....I hated the storms at night, cause ya couldn't see them.....y'all have more chance of the F4-5 out there...but we had quite a few come thru our area too, but mainly F3s were seen regularly....I've spent some time in Oklahoma yrs ago during July thru September....I use to sing and dance at different Pow-Wows out that way....:)

RollingAcres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Spring starts tornado season for us ... or movies on the laptop in the cellar season as my kids call it. LOL. Every area has their things. I grew up with tornadoes so they don’t freak me out. But my brother moved to California and called me while grocery shopping to chat and an earthquake hit. He just kept chatting because it was a “small one”. Sorry buddy, the ground moves under my feet and I’m running in a panic.
That would freak me out. I will take a snow blizzard anytime over tornadoes.

SonRise Acres

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I'm very familiar to tornados having lived in the Memphis, Tn are for 40yrs or so....the heart of Dixie Alley....I sure learned to read the sky....I hated the storms at night, cause ya couldn't see them.....y'all have more chance of the F4-5 out there...but we had quite a few come thru our area too, but mainly F3s were seen regularly....I've spent some time in Oklahoma yrs ago during July thru September....I use to sing and dance at different Pow-Wows out that way....:)

Really? Very cool (about singing).

Yeah, I can read a sky. Our tiny town (200 people) has a tornado siren but we can’t hear it since we don’t live in city limits (sounds funny saying city when it’s one single main road and 200 people). So I make sure to listen to the skies and weather radio.

SonRise Acres

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
That would freak me out. I will take a snow blizzard anytime over tornadoes.

It’s not bad. Most tornadoes are known about in plenty of time to get to shelter. I will say, in this area I hate when I see people buying new tech and big screen TVs who have no storm shelter. You will pretty much survive in a shelter.

And, unlike blizzards, it’s over in minutes to hours. LOL

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
You need good home insurance, full replacement value. If you don’t specifically ask for full replacement value, they depreciate your home and give you a pittance. Note to remember: anything you spend to secure your home from further damage, such as tarps, hiring neighbor with chainsaw, etc, is fully refundable, so save or write out receipts.

Good morning! Raining. Foggy. Warm front moving upward from the coast.

RollingAcres

Herd Master
Reaction score
It’s not bad. Most tornadoes are known about in plenty of time to get to shelter. I will say, in this area I hate when I see people buying new tech and big screen TVs who have no storm shelter. You will pretty much survive in a shelter.

And, unlike blizzards, it’s over in minutes to hours. LOL
A secure shelter is a must when you live in tornado alley. You'd think people would want to make sure that they have a shelter in place before spending money buying TVs and other stuff.

SonRise Acres

Loving the herd life
Reaction score

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
There certainly have been some pretty destructive ones hit through that area...we were spared from any real damage, but others close by suffered.....we are so Thankful for that....we also missed out in '04 when the 4 hurricanes came through Florida....we lived here during that time, too....we left in '06...:)

Latest posts