1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. Let's start this week fun. Submit your Horse Humor - Featured Thread
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Coffee anyone ?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Sourland, May 7, 2017.

1. Apr 20, 2019
    promiseacres

promiseacres Herd Master

This is just neon food coloring.... we tie dyed them... maybe some day I will look into natural food colors...

CntryBoy777, Rammy and Baymule like this.
  2. Apr 20, 2019
    Alaskan

Alaskan True BYH Addict

We spent 3 days this week cleaning the church... all of the deep cleaning stuff that is always put off.... we did NOT do everything that needed doing. We tired out. -sigh-

Plus the usual stuff at home of course.

3. Apr 20, 2019
    Mini Horses

Mini Horses Herd Master

When I arrived home from work today I found two 1/2 dry, nursing, large white doelings :love Good work, Daisy!!!
    Now we are at 6 bucks/5 does. :celebrate Catching up. Talk about "who's who" 9 white, one black and 1 pale crème. Saanens need to be stenciled :lol:. If you "know them" you see little differences, especially since most have some spots on their udder. Weird, I know. To average passerby it's a whole lot of white goats.

Should be another 3 weeks for the next group. Little rest time.

It's been a great day here -- sunshine, warm and breezy. I stopped at a friend's to pick up 3 LOVELY fig trees she had rooted from her trees. She gives me about 95% of the figs -- they don't eat them :ep --- I give her eggs & all the fertilizer she wants for her garden. But the trees are getting older and so last Fall we decided to package some shoots with dirt, secured around the base by cutting a big plastic plant bucket, securing it and letting it grow. Now, about 7 months later, these things are beautiful. 3 & 4 foot tall, leafing and all that....I love it...& her for doing it. Don't even know the kind -- nor does she as they were in the yard when they bought the place some 25 yrs ago. But, small, sweet fruit. I dehydrate them and enjoy. Yep, still getting her figs, these won't bear much for a while. So now my "orchard" has 3 apple trees (young & flowering), a huge plum tree and these 3 figs. I plan to add about 6 blueberry bushes later this year. On a roll.

I need to go play with the goat kids, check for placenta drop, etc. Love it....I am so blessed. I love my little farm. If I am lucky, tomorrow I can get my garden going. Better late than never. :clap

4. Apr 20, 2019
    Alaskan

Alaskan True BYH Addict

Blackberries! Plant blackberries!!! :drool

CntryBoy777, promiseacres and Rammy like this.
  5. Apr 20, 2019
    Baymule

Baymule Herd Master

congrats on the new kids and the fig trees. Have you ever made strawberry fig preserves with strawberry jello? They are soooo good!

6. Apr 20, 2019
    Bruce

Bruce Herd Master

We are going natural again this year. No young kids "needing" to color eggs. And the only white layers I have are laying smalls. Thus we will have an array of browns and greenish blues.

I bet water from artichokes would make an interesting green color. The water in the bottom of the pressure cooker is pretty dark.

CntryBoy777, Rammy and promiseacres like this.
  7. Apr 20, 2019
    Baymule

Baymule Herd Master

I grow purple mustard greens, they turn green when cooked, the water turns purple......now I'm going to have to try it.

8. Apr 20, 2019
    Alaskan

Alaskan True BYH Addict

More of that white flakey stuff falling from the sky.

Rammy and CntryBoy777 like this.
  9. Apr 20, 2019
    Wehner Homestead

Wehner Homestead Herd Master

I saw a post somewhere...maybe Pinterest of all the different natural colors. I’m thinking it’s really neat but I don’t have time to put forth that much effort!

10. Apr 21, 2019
    promiseacres

promiseacres Herd Master

HAPPY EASTER! :bunny:jumpy
    Coffee is on... unfortunately no new kits this morning.... someday I will get a new batch of Velveteen lops...:hu
    Have to agree.., neat but when???
    Can't like this....

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019