Coffee anyone ?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is good today! Yesterday was storms and rain, today is patchy drizzle, rain back again tomorrow and Saturday. School closings and delayed start is scrolling across the bottom of the news, due to roads being flooded.

MatthewsHomestead

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
:hide its actually pretty outside today where i am. thank you for the coffee. crazy busy day yesterday and then last night was nerve racking. slept like crap. needed the coffee!:highfive:

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Mh I am watching you and drooling over nice weather we expecting rain for two weeks i already am tired o the rain however it's great for my garden . So far the only seeds that have yet to come up are my peppers. So far this morning the goats haven't gotten out my husband did some more work on their fence and I looks like the electric fence on jursasic park on the raptors cage lol.

MatthewsHomestead

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Mh I am watching you and drooling over nice weather we expecting rain for two weeks i already am tired o the rain however it's great for my garden . So far the only seeds that have yet to come up are my peppers. So far this morning the goats haven't gotten out my husband did some more work on their fence and I looks like the electric fence on jursasic park on the raptors cage lol.
Huskies, goats, and dinosaurs.... they all need to be fenced in as such! im kinda glad but also a bit sad we no longer have goats. they are cute but we had such a hard time with them.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
I dont remember I told yall the finally count on the eggs but it was 3 gosling's and 4 ducklings. And my duck momma hatched out 3 s total of seven. Two of the gosling were killed by a Drake that got in their yard so he now in a cage and will be processed asap. Just need to make freezer room. He was already on the processing train for attacking ducklings and laying goose and duck hens as they are trying to lay eggs. He had been separated but the butt can fly and even when I clip his wing he still get in some how so I am done. Lucy not very happy about where he going because he pretty . Oh well he shouldn't have killed my gosling's and it would have make me want to kill him right now. I had to process four birds but haven't had the freezer room so I been waiting till there a bit more room. But I am goin to have lots of roosters come fall sooo I guess I better hurry up same with rabbits 21 kits ones almost 4 months the others are lose to two month. I did not expect oll of them to survive but they did this year lol last year I only had one survive and this year it's over run lol.

MatthewsHomestead

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
we were gone until dark yesterday. went out with our oldest to do a head count and night time check on everyone. dont know how in the world he saw it but oldest spotted Nature Boy out in the field. that was fun. (note the sarcasm). had to talk to him. let him smell me. several times. then little reassuring scratches here and there. then worked our way up to he let me rub and love on him. after much talking to him and reassuring and loving i was able to get the halter and lead on. then we stood and talked and loved some more. once i felt him relax enough we FINALLY walked back over and into the pasture. once in, i could immediately feel his tension and nerves release. poor fella. it was just on the other side of the fence but he was so confused and worried. i thank the Lord that he is bonded to me and trusts me or else it could have gone so wrong. he is our biggest in size, but also the biggest baby, and he spooks the easiest of them all.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
They are naughter for sure I been having a hard time this week with them it didn't help I been sick with a bug and add in pregnancy symptoms and goat annoying behavior turn in to can I just eat them now lol. I am pretty much at the decision I don't want anymore them 5 does and one buck. I started with 2 and one buck. We had three does born and a buck this year. And my husband ad talked about m getting a herd of twenty to carry the tax exemption for the how property ... Please please no lol I couldn't handle the over load while homeschooling and everything else I would not be milking all of them by any means. No. When they act out (just normal goat behavior but annoying to us) it's hard to appreciate them.

Latest posts