Coffee anyone ?

MatthewsHomestead

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
i cook my noodles til almost done. while they are in the kettle i make my cheese sauce. start with milk. smidge of salt and pepper,and butter; when it starts to simmer i add cheese of choice. usually cream cheese first, let it get melty, then cheddar... add a smidge of sour cream at the tail. pour over noodles and mix well. top with some parmesan and bread crumb then bake.

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
Bechamel is just a white roux. It's the base for a lot of different pasta dishes.

MatthewsHomestead

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
thats my general recipe. nope i dont know measurements. maybe once upon a time i did. but i make is often enough and for long enough that i can just throw it together for however much i want to make. sometimes i change the cheeses...

MatthewsHomestead

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
i only add flour if im using certain cheeses. mozzarella is a hard one because it likes to get thick and stringy so it doesnt need the flour for thickening

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Low carb diet (which I am currently blowing) = no pasta. Not supposed to have English peas, but fresh right of the garden? Oh heck yeah! Our coupon is about to expire for buy one medium original Schlotzsky's sandwich, get one free, so we have had to go to Schlotzsky's. :lol: I am not losing weight right now, but holding at 136. Still watching what we eat, but not on a hard core diet. It's nice to see that I can skid off track and not gain weight. Those sugar snap peas are calling my name! :drool I stand in the garden, eating them right off the vine.

It was 53* this morning. In May? Fifty three degrees? :thGoing to get another cup of coffee.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
It's 58 here but we not that far apart. I would love some coffee these boys are kicking my butt. They end up in my bed most of the night and they take it over little Invaders. We going to be getting the kids new mattress hopefully That will help I am also tempted to go ahead and switch the one year old from crib to twin. He wakes up mostly because he run into the side. I figure if he has more room it might help (will have bumpers to prevent falling out,).