1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. Let's start this week fun. Submit your Horse Humor - Featured Thread
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Coffee anyone ?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Sourland, May 7, 2017.

1. May 10, 2019
    Bruce

Bruce Herd Master

What's up with that? It is supposed to make 60° at 4PM here. And the rain which started last night is supposed to end by 8 or so.

AmberLops and MatthewsHomestead like this.
  2. May 10, 2019
    Alaskan

Alaskan True BYH Addict

Oooooh! So warm! :weee

I can't wait until we hit 50!!!

3. May 10, 2019
    Alaskan

Alaskan True BYH Addict

Is that today? :barnie

4. May 10, 2019
    promiseacres

promiseacres Herd Master

Internet was out all morning... technicians came out and finally got it going ..something on their end they said we may have issues until they fix it all. It about 12:30 by that time. So much for working on grading essays today... but got the rabbit cages cleaned, papers graded and recorded, and working on laundry. Now watching Charlotte's Web... nice to just stop for a moment.

AmberLops and MatthewsHomestead like this.
  5. May 10, 2019
    greybeard

greybeard Herd Master

If you are Hispanic today is El Dia de la Madre. Most US Hispanics observe 2 Mother's Days..May 10 and the traditional Anglo 2nd Sunday of May.

Día del Padre (Hispanic Father's Day) is the same as is observed by Anglos...3rd Sunday in June, which this year falls June 16.

Last edited: May 10, 2019
    MatthewsHomestead and Alaskan like this.
  6. May 10, 2019
    Baymule

Baymule Herd Master

Sunday. Thought I’d get an early start.

7. May 10, 2019
    Baymule

Baymule Herd Master

20 more minutes. Waiting on pressure canner to finish. I have 7 quarts of “dog food” in it. I cleaned out the freezer. Hog liver, chicken livers, heart and gizzards, rabbit, cooked chicken in broth, beef heart all chopped fine and mixed with cooked rice. Got a big pot, cooked and ready to can in the refrigerator. I’ll finish it tomorrow morning.

8. May 10, 2019
    Mini Horses

Mini Horses Herd Master

Nice job @Baymule ! clean freezer, save on dog food, make dogs happy!

Oh, your rain is coming my way. Seems Sat night & Sunday late day. With that in mind :rolleyes:, I decided to stay home today and do farm chores. Mowed yard, bush hogged couple fields, Moved hen & chicks, scrubbed & refilled several big water tubs, bought feed, errands etc. Tried to get eye check up & local eye dr not open! Crap. You see, while working on a tiller, I took glasses off, laid them down (BAD), then stood up and stepped on them.:barnie Popped lenses out (thankful they are not glass!!!) bent frames. Put lens back in, some straightened but, will need new. :he 2 days ago.

Went to go unload feed -- open barn door into a big ole snake! Been slack on eggs, now I know why!! I rehomed him, shortly after "machete surgery". The local "buzzards at your service" crew is taking care of the final relocation issues. :D =D

5.10.19..1.jpg

I caught him as he left the nesting spot of my jumbo egg layer, WITH her egg!! Don't mess with my eggs! Big rat snake...he should have settled for the mice. :idunno

About time for chores but I am having something cool to drink first, taking a break! Thoroughly enjoyed a work day at home!
    I'll do feed and close-ups, shower and drop into bed exhausted but, content. I can even sleep in tomorrow because I don't have to leave for work until 10:15 tomorrow and off at 4. :celebrate

I hope everyone else had a good day!

9. May 10, 2019
    MatthewsHomestead

MatthewsHomestead True BYH Addict

Burned my hands today. Stupid me didn't let go of the rope.... 20190510_232955.jpg 20190510_233007.jpg
    This is how good they look after burn spray, antibiotic cream and constant icing.... nice huh

B&B Happy goats likes this.
  10. May 10, 2019
    Alaskan

Alaskan True BYH Addict

Not a brilliant idea.

Hope it heals fast.

MatthewsHomestead likes this.