1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. Feedback on Goat Barn Build - Featured Thread
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Coffee anyone ?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Sourland, May 7, 2017.

1. May 17, 2019
    Alaskan

Alaskan True BYH Addict

We are in the midst of end of year wrap up and spring cleaning and outside chores!!!

Need more hours in the day!

Asthmatic kid was going downhill.... I thought it was because he hadn't worn his respirator at the shop when he swept and mowed....

I am sure that contributed. .. but the kid got the flu!!!

When I took home to the clinic his oxygen level was just barely high enough that he didn't have to go to the hospital and be put on oxygen...but it was CLOSE.

Anyway, a bunch more drugs, and tamaflu... he is super slowly getting tiny bit better....

Kid 4 now caught the flu...

And nope... they wouldn't dole out tamaflu for the entire family.... they said that since the rest of us could breathe... we were fine with getting the flu.

2. May 17, 2019
    promiseacres

promiseacres Herd Master

Coffee is on, chores done. Short break until I need to start working.

3. May 17, 2019
    Baymule

Baymule Herd Master

@Alaskan you need some elderberry syrup. Elderberry keeps the flu virus from replicating. If the virus cannot multiply, then it dies out and you get well. The best is to grow your own, but some pharmacies carry Elderberry syrup. Maybe look online?

4. May 17, 2019
    Baymule

Baymule Herd Master

Well I guess I need to drag my tired butt outside and get going on the day. I'll put the ewes and Ringo on pasture #2, let the lambs in the yard. Then feed/water the chickens in 3 coops. I have Cornish still on the porch, so gotta feed/water them, clean up poop. Been working on a tractor (that won't require a tractor to move it LOL) should have most of it done today and finish Sunday, then move them to it! Going to storm tomorrow. This evening after I put up the sheep, going to mow pasture #2 so the Bermuda grass can grow. The garden looks like a jungle...….sigh

5. May 17, 2019
    frustratedearthmother

frustratedearthmother Herd Master

6. May 17, 2019
    CntryBoy777

CntryBoy777 Herd Master

Sounds like it is getting "piggie time"...so, they can till it for ya....:)

7. May 17, 2019
    Bruce

Bruce Herd Master

Busy Day @Baymule, how do you get it all done when it is too hot to be outside a good 50% of the daylight hours?

:thAround here they push the flu shots all fall and winter. And you've got it in your house and they don't think you should be spared?

8. May 17, 2019
    Mini Horses

Mini Horses Herd Master

:lol: REALLY?? Not fun?? :lol: What part? Doing it or the next day? When I have those days, I take 1 Aleve before bed -- so I can move the next day.:D:old

For those interested -- saw dehydrated elderberries at WM! Nice.

Alaskan, hope everyone gets better, FAST!

Bay, hang in there. Eventually things get done, as you know. I'm beyond a list! :lol: Just "put out the fires" and hope for better days.

I think 30 hr days and 8 day weeks would help us all!! :old:idunno

9. May 17, 2019
    Jesusfreak101

Jesusfreak101 Loving the herd life

Update on cow. They couldn't find her yesterday evening and this morning they found her laying in one of the five stock tanks (alive) the calf still there they going to wait and see if it comes out on it's own:barnie. If it doesn't they try again I hope either that or we end up putting her down for them.

10. May 17, 2019
    Baymule

Baymule Herd Master

I was in that very same situation with a cow, dead calf that wouldn't come out. We hitched a come along to the calf, it dragged the cow. The vet showed up and used a diamond wire saw to reach up in the cow, saw the calf up and pull it out in chunks. It also happened to be Mother's Day. I'll never forget that one. The cow died that night, we should have shot her. Hindsight is 20/20 vision. Bummer. Sorry about the cow and calf, are they really stupid enough to think that the dead calf is suddenly going to pop out on it's own? :thPlease go shoot that suffering animal.