1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. Peachicks - Featured Thread
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Coffee anyone ?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Sourland, May 7, 2017.

1. Jul 19, 2019
    Mini Horses

Mini Horses Herd Master

Hmmm...I'm up!! Would prefer to be in bed but, not sleepy. Of course, I have slept. Came in as storm looked close, lot of lightening, dark clouds, thunder. Had a cup of hot tea and sat down on couch. Went to sleep. Woke about 4 hrs later. :idunno :D

Actually it did rain not far away. Missed me. But, I was changing out attachments on the tractor and THAT was interrupted, annoying. Had taken the backhoe off and set tractor up at bush hog, started connecting that. Stopped as lightening was pretty active, tho not real close, didn't want to be out in it. It was already about 8PM because I had worked today. Wanted all ready to crank up & mow at first light, missing heat later. Now, I will need to finish hook up first....worst part of it all! :eek: :idunnoNo choice.

Like so many, we are having scorching heat. Here, high humidity! It was actually nice this morning as temps were upper 70s but about a 6-7MPH breeze. Hoping that will be the same 3 hrs from now. It's 75 now -- same as dew point. Only 3 mph winds. Just stepped out onto porch. Not bad but, hope it picks up a little.

Customers were complaining about weather as they came to shop today. Yep, hot walking from car to store. For many that would be their only exposure. :D =D For those of us with farms & livestock, it's far different. I just agree with them "Yep, sure is hot. Drink lots of water!" :) Then there are those who obviously work out in it, looking drug out -- praising the feel of AC. You see a lot in those stores!

Hope everyone arises to a good day, good health, plenty of water, and hopefully some time in the AC!! :cool: If you are outside, take care and find the shade, work slow, drink water, don't overdue....it can wait, normally. :frow

2. Jul 19, 2019
    promiseacres

promiseacres Herd Master

Coffee and ice water is on.
    Leaving this morning for camping at the lake with the extended family. Got a friend doing chores morning and night. And my Mom coming at noon.... ice bottles and and lots of water, bunnies have fans. But almost expect we'll lose some. With this heat wave.

3. Jul 19, 2019
    RollingAcres

RollingAcres Herd Master

Everyone be safe out there in this high heat and high humidity weather.

4. Jul 19, 2019
    AmberLops

AmberLops True BYH Addict

Coffee is on!
    Today is going to be HOT! Everyone stay safe and cool :highfive:
    @promiseacres have fun camping! And fingers crossed that you don't lose any rabbits while you're away :fl

5. Jul 19, 2019
    Bruce

Bruce Herd Master

I hope not!!

6. Jul 19, 2019
    Jesusfreak101

Jesusfreak101 Loving the herd life

well it's diffently hot enough lol. making sticky chicken for dinner. I got some things done I got the temporary yard for the bucks set up I am going to move the doeling to the yard the boys were in. and the roosters have a tarp for shade now so that should help them and the bucks have one incase of light rain we aren't expecting any storms but it is texas. the boys yard is completely covered by trees. the doellings will be able to get to shade as well. I just need to get a water trough in that yard and hay and I am all done for the day. my husband wants to work on the fence and maybe have a fire and roast marshmallows later.

AmberLops and CntryBoy777 like this.
  7. Jul 19, 2019
    Baymule

Baymule Herd Master

Where's that FIRE emoji? :lol::lol: And a sweat emoji? :gig:gig

8. Jul 19, 2019
    Jesusfreak101

lol that's thoughts I feel like it's going to be torture to be honest lol. oh and I forgot I still have the trailer of feed to unload ugh.... lol the kids also wanted me to bake brownies lol typical.

9. Jul 19, 2019
    Jesusfreak101

oh my kids found a giant rooster and his chick's working at tractor supply and decided they needed a picture. 20190719_162021.jpg 20190719_162027.jpg

10. Jul 19, 2019
    Baymule

Baymule Herd Master

Adorable! You have beautiful children.