Coffee anyone ?

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
first its no ones fault for someone else actions sp you and bay can bpth stop feeling guiltly over this. he the one that made the choice to one be rude and two not put his pride aside to appologize and leave instead. so there that.
i woke up two hours late... that being said i also didnt get in hed til 12 only to have my youngest son wake up at 12:30 and he didnt go back to sleep until 1. then another one woke up around 3:30-4 am so if my alarm went off i didnt hear it. cooking breakfast, then gonna feed milk and load everyone up. will be try to pasturize as much milk as i can an freeze some more to help with the fact they wont be here. i also need to find a place to put it in the freezer.... lol.

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on!
I need a break from this rain...anyone want it? Please take it! :lol:
Selling a few angoras today, then have to make a run to TSC to pick up rabbit food.
Pretty boring day so far, but i'm sure there'll end up being some kind of crazy thing that happens...seems to be how it works around here on boring days. Like chasing angoras through the woods :gig
Yesterday my French angora buck got out of his cage...I think the breed just likes to escape because so far all 4 out of 5 have escaped at some point... and he took off as fast as he could...I had to run through the woods, in the rain and it took me about 15 minutes to catch him...of course his coat was one huge, felted mat covered in dirt/mud/leaves :he
Anyways! Hope everyone has a great day, stay cool if it's hot and stay dry if it's raining like it is here :highfive:

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
2nd coffee of the day is finished. Going to go feed/water the rabbits. My first cup at 6:30ish is a half cup so I can get back to sleep for a couple more hours after getting the boys on the bus.

Once I get my goats, I plan to get the boys on the bus, go do feeding and milking, and then come in and grab a nap. It will be a little different sleep schedule for summer break, but that only lasts 2 mos, so might as well keep it similar to the other 10 mos. The rabbits are not on a dedicated schedule like goats will be. They have enough water and feed for 2 or 3 days, but everything needs freshened and I open the barn up, etc. I get to them now when I do, but it will be more regulated once the goats and chickens are here.

I know a guy now that feeds at 5am or gets up at 5am and comes back in and naps before doing his other chores, etc, so I guess I will too. I try to do jobs and knock out chores before going to work and waiting til Saturday or Sunday afternoons to get in the longer tasks.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on! @Jesusfreak101 I feel your kiddos pain, forgot my allergy meds yesterday. Feeling it now. But at least the poison ivy is gone. Hoping ds will work on his school work better today... I need to get out to mow today, so I can go riding Friday. Probably with kids as I can't figure out a babysitter.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Going for my second cup too. We got a little over an INCH OF RAIN yesterday! It was beautiful. It is a welcome relief from the dry scorching heat. Forecast today is high of 89 degrees instead of the usual 99 degrees. We had dry sand over a foot deep in places, wind blew up our own private sand storms. Thank you dear Lord for the rain!

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
okay i think i need coffee not much sleep again. my voice is really rough... pollen is high today. its weird to think i dont have to milk.... making my to do list and breakfast. plently still to do.
i know your promise i avoid the meds while pregnant.
have great lunch with your dh fustrtedearthmother
ok bay i am jealous we still are getting rain for awhile i tired of no rain. ok and i am tired of.summer. lol.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Enough rain here to share with A L L of you!!! I can't mow fast enough -- even at all, grass is so wet -- tall, wet, won't dry. :rolleyes: Then there's work, which gets in the way of when I am home to do. Hey, I milked in the rain 2 days ago -- light sprinkly stuff. The bucks are going bonkers. My white buck is a crappy brown over much of his body :he At least the temps are ok, mid 80s.

With a "holiday" weekend coming up, food demos are heavy booked. :idunno Gotta convince customers to buy snacks, grill food, drinks, etc. :D All part of the money machine. :D

Last night I had a fried egg & bacon wrap for dinner, while I stirred milk to make cheese. This morningit was fresh goat cheese and figs with my coffee. Only the coffee & wrap were from the store. Very nice of my animals to give back. :drool:love

IT IS "HUMP" DAY.....:lol: enjoy it. Wait!! Do you have "hump day" when you retire??? :caf

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on!
No rain in the forecast today...YAY! :yesss:
Getting everything ready for the farmers market on Saturday...hopefully it's a cloudy day but so far it looks like it'll be sunny. I have a bunch of baby blankets, felted bears and perfumes to sell!
I'm trying to decide if I want to bring a couple Angora babies...depends on the weather though ;)
Hope everyone has a great day!