Coffee anyone ?

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
@AmberLops for this kid, his Dad, uncle and grandfather, it is a way of life. Cows, tractors, cutting hay, horses, roping and working cows is their normal. For this kid to take up rodeo is all he has wanted for 2-3 years now. We were honored to be invited to his first bull ride on a yearling Jersey Bull 1 1/2 years ago in grandpas arena.
That makes sense...it runs in their blood :)

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I couldn't live there! But it's pretty ha ha
Now I can't remember, but is it summer or winter when it's constantly dark? Or is it light? o_O

Summer, lots of light... winter lots of night. :lol:

But I am not that far north, only latitude 59, which I think is about the same as Oslo, Sweden.

So.... the shortest day of the year still has about 5 hours of light.

With all that it seems you wouldn't need to pay for instruction anyway??

In-laws did a National Geo cruise from AK to Wrangel Island Russia, got back Thursday. Weather was too bad to dock at Nome so the boat went to some small fishing village that had no docks at all, everything unloaded by Zodiac walk through the water to get on shore. Then a 70 mile trip over a bad dirt road to get back to Nome. The passengers and the CONTAINER of supplies for them had to be brought out that same road and brought on board by Zodiac. The trip was good other than that.

That sounds like the best part!

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
BUT -- THEY DID IT!!!! That is the best part.

I got some farm work in today and enjoyed a couple hours on the tractor, mowing. Now -- rain. :( Didn't need it, especially not now. Still daylight and could be doing things out there. :idunno Saw the black clouds so hustled myself up and got the milking done, coops closed...came inside. Dang.

Better check the weather for balance of week. :frow

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
BUT -- THEY DID IT!!!! That is the best part.

I got some farm work in today and enjoyed a couple hours on the tractor, mowing. Now -- rain. :( Didn't need it, especially not now. Still daylight and could be doing things out there. :idunno Saw the black clouds so hustled myself up and got the milking done, coops closed...came inside. Dang.

Better check the weather for balance of week. :frow
PLEASE send me some of that rain!
I don't know how everything here is possibly still green...it hasn't rained for 2 weeks now and the past few days have been HOT! Today was 97 and tomorrow is the same...no clouds either :th

Latest posts