Coffee anyone ?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
We haven’t had much rain to speak of for 2 months. We have had scattered pop up showers and were lucky enough to get a 1” rain once. Twice we got 1/8” and we’re glad to have that. The sand is dry, billows of dust drift just from walking outside. In places the loose sand is over a foot deep. We just concluded over a week of 100+ degrees.

Today-taking shop vac to the barn. Determined to finish Feed and tack room this fall/winter. The dust must be deep enough to grow tomatoes in it. Going to vacuum all of it that I can, have 35 bales of hay on a flatbed trailer to put up. Building and hanging doors is this weeks project. Taking 4 lambs to slaughter on Wednesday.

Coffee is ready y’all! I made a special dust free pot! Maybe @Mini Horses could make a pot with rain water? I’m kinda forgetting what it looks like!

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Things are in the 40s to low 50s up here now.

Brrrrrrr

That's what most of my winter is like...then there's Jan/Feb, our cold months. We get 30-35 days mostly...20s & teens at night. Some years we get the "Arctic blast" and colder. It's all the cold I WANT!! :D Right now -- low 80 days & mid 60 nights. It will cool about 10 degrees in a month or so, then another 10, if things go "normal". Normal can change. :lol:

Maybe @Mini Horses could make a pot with rain water? I’m kinda forgetting what it looks like!

Drinking from a fresh pot now, chasing breakfast down the hatch. But, I can go get some rainwater for you! :D =D We didn't get much yesterday -- enough to make things wet. Heading out shortly to accomplish something. Did a little walk-about yesterday and see a few "fix-me's" waiting to be addressed. May get a couple of those, don't feel like a whole project is in my day. :caf 67 now & 82 for high. I can enjoy that. Over 1/2 the day will be pleasantly cool. :clap

I'd share this weather with you If I could. Still have a section to mow but, too wet right now -- late day work. I hate to tell you how high it is, what with you suffering to even sprout any grass. Hmmm...TX isn't so green.:rolleyes:

I'm going to enjoy another day at home. Back to work tomorrow. Everyone out there -- have a pleasant day!

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on!
Gonna be a HOT one...heat advisory for today. Temp is 97 with a 'real feel' of 105.
I made sure to stock the freezer full of water bottles for the rabbits.
My dog has a vet appointment to get her microchip...poor thing :eek:
Hope everyone has a great day, and stay cool!
Except for @Alaskan and @Baymule you guys have to stay warm :lol:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Regular cold front we have here! We peeled back layers of dust in the feed and tack room. Soaking wet with sweat, we looked like we fell in the horse tank, then rolled in the dirt. DH is taking a shower now, he’s toast, done for the day. I think I’ll go pull goat weed until it gets too COLD!! LOL LOL Then I’ll go in and shower, wash clothes, etc