1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

    Dismiss Notice
  2. Do you think Pony Rides should be allowed at Fairs? - Featured Thread
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)
    Dismiss Notice

Coffee anyone ?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Sourland, May 7, 2017.

  1. Sep 14, 2019
    frustratedearthmother

    frustratedearthmother Herd Master

    Joined:
    May 7, 2013
    Messages:
    6,482
    Likes Received:
    9,951
    Trophy Points:
    543
    You have such self control!

    Please get a picture when you light his fire, lol!
     
    AmberLops and B&B Happy goats like this.
  2. Sep 16, 2019
    Baymule

    Baymule Herd Master

    Joined:
    Aug 22, 2010
    Messages:
    15,475
    Likes Received:
    35,609
    Trophy Points:
    793
    Location:
    Northeast Texas
    Coffee is ready! Hot and dry here, our sand is loose and a foot deep. Have to put the Kawasaki mule in 4WD to get through some places. Drifts of sand blow on the breeze, everything is dusty. We need RAIN! 20% chance of rain the end of the week, sure hope we are not the 80% that gets no rain.
     
  3. Sep 16, 2019
    promiseacres

    promiseacres Herd Master

    Joined:
    Oct 5, 2012
    Messages:
    3,457
    Likes Received:
    5,279
    Trophy Points:
    443
    Location:
    NW Indiana
    Thanks for the coffee... feeling kind of puny today... DH wants to mow the hay field(s) tonight... hoping all at the same time this go. I get to mow the yard at the farm while he does that. He's also talking about me learning to drive the tractor so he can stack when we bale... Something that I need to learn but.... not sure I can live up to his expectations. :duc
    Yesterday was my son's 11th birthday. Time sure flies. Made a german chocolate cake for him, the leftovers are in the fridge.
     
  4. Sep 16, 2019
    frustratedearthmother

    frustratedearthmother Herd Master

    Joined:
    May 7, 2013
    Messages:
    6,482
    Likes Received:
    9,951
    Trophy Points:
    543
    Bring some buckets and come on down. "They" have promised us rain - scads and scads of it over the next few days. Of course, they have lied before - but somehow I think we're going to get it this time. I'm ready for it. All new round bales are covered. Everything I could get mowed is mowed. Bring it ON! (we need some - we've been drought-ish for months now)
     
  5. Sep 16, 2019
    farmerjan

    farmerjan Herd Master

    Joined:
    Aug 16, 2016
    Messages:
    2,384
    Likes Received:
    6,651
    Trophy Points:
    358
    Location:
    virginia
    We are also getting pretty dry here. Usually we get a rain or two in Sept from a "hurricane or tropical storm" but they have stayed east so far. Temps in the 90's again aren't helping. We are not critical, but some counties are actually into the moderate drought condition. Didn't get the proposed showers this past weekend, about 10 sprinkles, but it was cloudy and cooler. Then 92 yesterday, and supposed to be hot again today. Now maybe 30 % chance of showers/t-storms tuesday. Glad we didn't put any hay down... but if we had, it would rain for sure!!!!
     
  6. Sep 16, 2019
    Bruce

    Bruce Herd Master

    Joined:
    Feb 4, 2016
    Messages:
    11,600
    Likes Received:
    26,778
    Trophy Points:
    713
    Location:
    NW Vermont
    Because he is SUPER picky or are you just not sure you can learn to run the tractor and baler? If the second, you CAN. See this:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQuEO01jp9V9fqIRHilwc9A/videos

    If the first, he'll have to decide if it is better to have slightly imperfect help or do it all by himself. And in a few years, you can pass the task on to your son :D. I hope he had a happy birthday.
     
  7. Sep 16, 2019
    Baymule

    Baymule Herd Master

    Joined:
    Aug 22, 2010
    Messages:
    15,475
    Likes Received:
    35,609
    Trophy Points:
    793
    Location:
    Northeast Texas
    Well said @Bruce. I was thinking it, you wrote it. I guess Great Minds hang out in the same gutter. :)
     
    MtViking, promiseacres and AmberLops like this.
  8. Sep 17, 2019
    Baymule

    Baymule Herd Master

    Joined:
    Aug 22, 2010
    Messages:
    15,475
    Likes Received:
    35,609
    Trophy Points:
    793
    Location:
    Northeast Texas
    Good morning y'all. Going to keep 4 year old grand daughter today, she had fever last night. Kept her yesterday.
    Today is 20% of rain, 40% tomorrow, 60% for Thursday and Friday. Then 30% for Saturday and Sunday. :fl
    Coffee is ready, later I'll have pan sausage and fried eggs.
     
  9. Sep 17, 2019
    frustratedearthmother

    frustratedearthmother Herd Master

    Joined:
    May 7, 2013
    Messages:
    6,482
    Likes Received:
    9,951
    Trophy Points:
    543
    Up early this morning to try and feed without getting drenched. Didn't get drenched, but did get wet. Mud boots will be a necessity by this afternoon if it keeps up. This NON-tropical system could bring us, in a worst case scenario, up to 15 inches according to the weather liars. At this point I don't expect anything near that. :fl A couple of inches would be welcome.
     
  10. Sep 17, 2019
    promiseacres

    promiseacres Herd Master

    Joined:
    Oct 5, 2012
    Messages:
    3,457
    Likes Received:
    5,279
    Trophy Points:
    443
    Location:
    NW Indiana
    Super picky.... of course in I ran over the old lp tube thingy last night while mowing the yard at the farm.... 2nd time on the zero turn.... we definitely need a trip to the scrap yard....too many things to mow around...:barnieI don't even like driving with him around...in the vehicle or following in another. I know I can do it just don't want to deal with his 100 comments how it should be done differently and sometimes sh*t just happens....he is better than he used to be. He says I don't take criticism well.... :hu probably don't. We'll see my friends husband is willing to buck bales if need be. Our college boy is in school now. Thanks for coffee, need to get moving chores waiting the DS is getting his braces.