Coffee anyone ?

Bunnylady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Big thanks to @Nifty for providing us this wonderful place to gather. For many of us, this forum is our lifeline. We know there are others like ourselves out there and we don’t feel so lonely. I am grateful.

Big thanks to @CarpCharacin for all the work you are doing and for putting up with our whining while we adjust to the “new shoes”.

Get another cup of coffee y’all and figure out this new stuff!

I imagine this is going to be like me and my phone. My son bought himself a new phone, and offered to set up his practically new, far fancier than mine "old" phone for me to use. My feeling was, "I know my old one is getting quirky, but it's familiar, so I'd prefer to stay with it, thank you." Finally, it just got too "quirky" for even me to tolerate, so I told him, "go for it!"

Yeah, the new phone is such an improvement, it's ridiculous..:rolleyes:

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I didn't mean to sound ungrateful for the fact that there are people like Nifty looking out for the site and keeping it working. But there also is something to be said for things that look and work in a familiar manner.

I am with you on the phone @Bunnylady . I have an OLD flip phone. It fits in my back pocket, I can sit on it and nothing goes wrong with it. I know the day is going to come when it is going to quit, but the idea of a "smart phone" just doesn't have that same allure that so many people find so desireable. There are a few times I have thought of it, and the idea of possibly using it as a "hot spot" for my computer is pulling me..... but I really want to be able to drop the little phone in my pocket and not worry about it breaking or cracking or anything like that. I don't want a bigger phone in my shirt pocket, making my shirt lopsided, I wear fairly snug jeans to not catch on farm equipment so none of those extra pockets all over them, and a smart phone will surely get busted if it is in my back pocket and I swing up and sit on the steel seat of the Farmall H tractor. Not sure how to reconcile the two. Yet I cannot read somethings that are sent to me on my phone because I cannot make the picture bigger.

Just don't like the stark darker colors on here.

Bunnylady

Herd Master
Reaction score
@farmerjan This is my second smart phone. I, too, clung to my flip phone for ages; I only gave it up when my husband changed carriers and the new one didn't support them. Considering the fate of my daughter's phone screens, it seems incredible that I haven't broken one yet, but I haven't (knock on wood). I have had issues with certain styles of chair seats somehow stripping the phone right out of my pocket (not sure how to fix that).

I know they make phone cases that are designed to protect them from nasty bumps, and holders/holsters that can attach somewhere else, like on a belt.:hu

Yeah no fire ants in the house :old
Been there, done that, NOT FUN!!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Guess that is the reason they are usually slaughtered at a much smaller size Bay.....:D.....ya could always give the dogs some variety and make some pork and rice additive for the dog food.....they'll help eliminate Wilbur...:)
I’ve done that with a sow we had on the freezer. Still had some roasts left over from her, so canned dog food!

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
My son has broken 2 smart phones already in the last couple of years. He likes to be able to go on the internet and stuff, but will occasionally tell me that he really hates how big they are and that they aren't as convenient as his old flip phone for carrying it with him. He has had shatterproof cases, and all sorts of stuff. They've had cracked screens, and then finally got broken. I talk to people all the time that have made upgrades year after year because the phone has a crack in the screen, or this doesn't work or that.... and it isn't cheap to go to a newer one. I guess that I just am trying to see the better in it, overall.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
100 degrees? That's too hot for this time of year!! :eek:
Amber, 100°F is too hot ANY TIME of year!!!

Guess that is the reason they are usually slaughtered at a much smaller size Bay.....:D.....ya could always give the dogs some variety and make some pork and rice additive for the dog food.....they'll help eliminate Wilbur...:)
Maybe some of those roasts could go to the neighbor you slaughtered the feral pig for. Sounds like they could use it and Wilbur was certainly big enough to feed multiple families for a year.

and holders/holsters that can attach somewhere else, like on a belt.:hu
I have one of those. I see lots of phones stuffed in people's back pockets but that just seems a recipe for disaster to me. In the winter I can stick it in the pocket of my "purse", AKA winter coat, without the case since it has lots of decent size pockets.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
OK, unless someone has found it, my LEAST FAVORITE "update" is the loss of "watched threads with unread posts" feature. Really sucks to have to look down the list of watched threads looking for titles in bold indicating there is something unread. Reloading the page doesn't even shove those to the top, it will be really easy to miss things if they make it to page 2.