Coffee anyone ?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Morning y'all. Coffee is ready, breakfast is link sausage from Wilbur, fried eggs and toast with home made wild plum jam. Woke up at 2:00 AM, coyotes were howling, I walked out on the porch to listen. I got up 3 more times, the dogs are quiet when the coyotes light up. Finally got up at 4:20. BJ made coffee while I made breakfast. Got a load of clothes washing, got to go get feed today.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well, Bay, I got feed yesterday -- and my back is telling me it was a little too much after moving 1/2 ton of hay! Couple aspirin, coffee and some stretching will set it right in short order. LOL Besides, I have to go back today for the one kind they were out of...at least it's only 7 miles away. It's ok. Overcast but a nice 42 this morn. May get some sprinkles later, nothing big. Hey, looks to be mid to upper 50s next ten days!! I'm home, can enjoy that.

Your breakfast sounds good but, I'm having a bowl of chili this AM. Weird, I know but not a big egg eater. Will have them Christmas morn in a casserole at DDs. That's about it for me, although I love quiche. AND I actually scrambled one with onion earlier this week. Try to make myself eat them as they are available and well, you know...grow your own & all that. Favorite is with onion & green pepper. I'm missing the glasses of fresh milk since having dried everyone up with kidding coming. Guess I need to grab some frozen to thaw.

Have this new ipad to get set up and DGD is out of school -- looks like a good match to get it done. :lol: Will set that up when I go open the coops, take eggs to them and drop her some gas $$. First year she's driving and I haven't needed to take her Christmas shopping for her mom's gift. Growing up!

My back is agreeing to work now. Need to get going.

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
That sounds good! I don't often have breakfast, though DH usually has eggs and now and then hash browns with it, his most favorite breakfast food. We've backed off the hash brown breakfast menu because he's pre-diabetic, and since my soil has scab I haven't grown our own potatoes for a few years. My morning energizer is a large green smoothie. Which is actually pretty gross so we just chug them down. No sissy fruit additives for us! I decided we weren't getting enough greens a few years ago so that's where that started. We call it our daily pond sludge. :sick

Bunnylady

Herd Master
Reaction score
My morning energizer is a large green smoothie. Which is actually pretty gross so we just chug them down.

I long ago decided that if we had to eat "Purina People Chow," we'd be a lot thinner! When meals are just "get it over with," you do tend to consume a lot less.

It's been an interesting couple of months. A couple of years ago, I started selling crocheted chicken and cardinal ornaments at the place where I buy feed. In mid-October, they said they'd already been getting inquiries, did I want to do it again? I said sure, why not. I've been making ornaments ever since - at last count, we've sold about 200 of 'em. New this year were turkeys and sheep
20191120_141713.jpg
20191120_141624.jpg
20191120_141426.jpg
20191028_073453.jpg

Xerocles

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I long ago decided that if we had to eat "Purina People Chow," we'd be a lot thinner! When meals are just "get it over with," you do tend to consume a lot less.

It's been an interesting couple of months. A couple of years ago, I started selling crocheted chicken and cardinal ornaments at the place where I buy feed. In mid-October, they said they'd already been getting inquiries, did I want to do it again? I said sure, why not. I've been making ornaments ever since - at last count, we've sold about 200 of 'em. New this year were turkeys and sheep

And you waited until two days before Christmas to share this with us WHY?
Now I'm not a sheep person but those sheep are adorable!! Since it's just me, I don't do Christmas trees (I just close my eyes and see it from memories past) but if I did, I would order a couple sets of these for NEXT year. These ornaments are just spectacular. No wonder the store was having "inquiries".
Oh, and for Christmas dinner, I was thinking "kibbles and bits" as a special treat. :lol:

Xerocles

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
It's raining HARD today, so except for absolute necessities, it's been an indoor day. Typically lunch is forgone, or maybe a quick sandwich. But as I was stuck inside and I'd rather cook than clean, I decided to make spaghetti. WHY I decided to take a shortcut with the noodles I don't know, but instead of grabbing the colander to drain, I opted to use the lid on the pot to drain. The lid slipped. Most of the noodles went into the sink. Nyx loved her lunch. I had a light lunch after all.:mad: