Coffee anyone ?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Carson had a bobcat cornered right at the sheep barn.

GOOD DOGS!!! Great neighbors to keep coming back. You have said there were bobcats seen around and about!! Hope they stay away.....or get shot.:clap

Oh HECK NO! you say "Yeah but you should see the other guy!".

LOL that's my story line, Bruce!!! :yesss:

It's not sore but I was shocked to see it this morning as it was only the little spot when I when to bed. Imagine my surprise when I looked in the mirror. Could have been a lot worse. :old It doesn't look so bad to me --if I'm not at the mirror. LOL

Guess I need to start using the dehorning iron.

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well... most of the kids managed to drag themselves to Christmas church... but I mean DRAG themselves. None were able to serve.... so the poor priest, with zero helpers, on occasion lost track of where he was supposed to be in the service. :lol:

But... it was a great service, I enjoy the jillion psalms, and old and new testament readings.

So... we are postponing the Christmas feast until children are fever free. :rolleyes:

So, Gospel reading:
20191224_103637.jpg

Church after the service:
20191224_105313.jpg

Not the best church photo though... so one from last month:
20191118_144530.jpg

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
okay so first thing Merry Christmas all.
secondly i am pretty sure this wont be approved off but i wanted to see how much the pigs where adjusting to us and well to push the envelope i am not good at all when it comes to leaving well enough alone lol. anyways so this morning I made pancakes way to many and as i already have 4 gallon bags of pancakes in the freezer i decided the left over pancakes would go to the pigs. so i went out to feed them and decided to see if the sow would take one from my hand and well she did the first time the next time she didn't but its shows they learning to trust us so that's good in some ways if we end up keeping her. either ways it was interesting lol my husband just shock his head. he laughs because every animal i have ever handled seems to like me almost to much. lol

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well... most of the kids managed to drag themselves to Christmas church... but I mean DRAG themselves. None were able to serve.... so the poor priest, with zero helpers, on occasion lost track of where he was supposed to be in the service. :lol:

But... it was a great service, I enjoy the jillion psalms, and old and new testament readings.

So... we are postponing the Christmas feast until children are fever free. :rolleyes:

So, Gospel reading:
View attachment 68346

Church after the service:
View attachment 68347

Not the best church photo though... so one from last month:
View attachment 68345
Oh my gosh...are you Byzantine Catholic?? I am...I can’t believe it..when I saw the first picture I saw the set up, and was taken aback, but thought how rare it is to see another church like this....unfortunately where I live now, there are no Byzantine churches and we go to Roman, which is fine, but I do miss the rituals and the old traditions. My hubby doesn’t miss the long masses ...lol. We are of the same faith but he wasn’t raised going to Byzantine so there isn’t the same appreciation. What wonderful pictures...we also called our church a Greek Catholic, so perhaps that’s what you are...or even Orthodox..they are basically the same....I’m just thrilled to see the cross! Merry Christmas!

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
It got warmer here, we still have much snow, but everything has turned to the crust on top, and where we have walked and drove, is just sheets of ice. It’s sooo bad. My husband has to empty our dump truck today and go get stones to put on our very large driveway so we don’t have accidents..only a matter of time. Knock on wood. But, hopefully with a little sunshine more will melt..finally and we’ll see a bit of grass? I just know the animals are loving it!! The goats barely wanted to come in last night!

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on.
Yesterday was mid 60s.... I was ok with that. Went for a ride at home. Richie was feeling a bit onery and Kinzey and I fell off.... Kinzey did get on the mini after that but she is now afraid of Richie again.... :\ we were riding bareback... he did a little hop then put his head down to eat....so nothing for me to hold onto... it's her second time coming off... :hit he was gold after that.
Today we are moving a trailer load of hay and fix roofs, and possibly some firewood.

Xerocles

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
It got warmer here, we still have much snow, but everything has turned to the crust on top, and where we have walked and drove, is just sheets of ice. It’s sooo bad. !

I shudder just thinking about it. It's 38f this morning at 7:30, but going into the 60s, just as yesterday. I happily forgo the white Christmas thing.
Yesterday was pretty much a routine day at my place. Was going to finish cutting the trees in the garden plot. As I poured gasoline into my chainsaw, it poured out equally quickly! Lots of luck finding a small engine repair shop open on Christmas day. So. Off comes the cover. (I really don't know beans about engines, but am ok at remembering how to put things back that I take apart.) Found the culprit. A fuel line had come off. But the space was too small for human fingers. Too small even for needle nose pliers. Oh, for a set of 10 inch hemostats! But, no. So. The carburetor had to come off. ??? How? Eventually got it off, still had to use needle nose to reach the fuel line, put back on, only to discover I had disconnected yet ANOTHER line in the process! Finally, after about 4 hours of head scratching and improvising I had a functioning saw again. Life on the farm! I only had time to cut 16 trees before dark. So, back to finish up (hopefully) today. Hope everyone else had a merry Christmas!

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on.
Yesterday was mid 60s.... I was ok with that. Went for a ride at home. Richie was feeling a bit onery and Kinzey and I fell off.... Kinzey did get on the mini after that but she is now afraid of Richie again.... :\ we were riding bareback... he did a little hop then put his head down to eat....so nothing for me to hold onto... it's her second time coming off... :hit he was gold after that.
Today we are moving a trailer load of hay and fix roofs, and possibly some firewood.

I'm glad neither of you got hurt. Hopefully it was a soft landing...
I don't recall, is Richie a Halflinger? Sometimes those really broad ones are harder to stay on bareback. Kind of like riding a slick barrel, lol.

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
We had such a nice day yesterday. Both boys were here and Kid#1's GF. I made a nice breakfast, but had to get up at 4 since I was so tired Christmas Eve I didn't do the prep I had planned on. So I was really tired when they all left around two. Think I'm fighting off whatever crud is circulating now. Really need this coffee, and today I have whipping cream to put in it!