Coffee anyone ?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yes, the pig is enlarging. LOL

I'm with Bay, ask for 5 acres. They aren't really using it themselves anyway. PLUS you can then afford to get a new trailer or build a house. Win/Win Now, DHs new job may be an issue....but, appears he is now in a "haven't decided" mode.

WolfeMomma

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Warning bark or DANGER WILL ROBINSON!!!! bark? I think I would have gone out to check on the dog if it was too continuous. Maybe it felt the presence of "too much for me to handle if they come in" and needed some backup.

Am I missing something? WHY would I want a loud rooster? And why would smaller be better?
We did check, was nothing that we could see or hear. Eventually he stopped but it took a while, which is weird because he normally never barks.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
We did check, was nothing that we could see or hear. Eventually he stopped but it took a while, which is weird because he normally never barks.
We were gone Christmas Eve and our dogs went nuts. Neighbor Jimmy came over at 8:30, didn’t see anything and went back home. At 10:00 they went nuts again, neighbor Robert came over, didn’t see anything and went home. At 1:00 AM they went nuts again, neighbor Rob drove over, saw our big black Lab/Great Dane had a bobcat bayed at the barn. Carson turned his head to look at Ron, bobcat took off.

Just because you don’t see whatever is out there, your dog does, plus he hears and smells it. He is on the job. We were gone and all our dogs were on the job. We have some awesome neighbors.

Bunnylady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Animals' senses are (for the most part) keener than ours, which is why I like to have some critter with me when I'm out after dark. I figure, if I keep an eye on them, they will let me know if there's something out there I need to know about.

Of course, when your Lab cross wakes you up all night long barking at the deer that keep cruising through the yard, it can get old fast.:th

I just scrolled down to the "buy, sell, trade" forum, and don't see your ornaments anywhere.

Wellllllll . . . . :hide

I thought about listing them a couple of months ago, but at that time, keeping up with the rate at which they were selling at the feed store, plus making the couple of dozen cardinals that my husband "ordered" to give to his customers, was keeping me pretty busy. Even on special orders, I hate to make people wait. :idunnoRight now, I am taking advantage of the after-Christmas sales to stockpile supplies, which are going to get turned into a stockpile of critters that will hopefully keep things a bit less nutsy and even allow me to branch out a bit.

how long have you been crocheting
Ummmm, let's see . . . . somewhere between 45 and 50 years. And to give credit where it's due, my daughter actually designed the sheep, originally as a plushy.

*sigh* Those of you with a creative streak know, when the muse speaks, she can be relentless. This happened today
20191228_200007.jpg

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
Warning bark or DANGER WILL ROBINSON!!!! bark? I think I would have gone out to check on the dog if it was too continuous. Maybe it felt the presence of "too much for me to handle if they come in" and needed some backup.

Am I missing something? WHY would I want a loud rooster? And why would smaller be better?
A loud rooster scars away predators and alerts farmers to come running!! The smaller one is more laidback, but we could probably win some contests with his waddle and comb...they are that big!! But here..they will mostly get frostbite..and the best treatment is no treatment....I hate so see him go through all that

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
i go for big simply because the chicks i hatch we wil end up eating and i like them to be on the bigger sidr

WolfeMomma

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
We were gone Christmas Eve and our dogs went nuts. Neighbor Jimmy came over at 8:30, didn’t see anything and went back home. At 10:00 they went nuts again, neighbor Robert came over, didn’t see anything and went home. At 1:00 AM they went nuts again, neighbor Rob drove over, saw our big black Lab/Great Dane had a bobcat bayed at the barn. Carson turned his head to look at Ron, bobcat took off.

Just because you don’t see whatever is out there, your dog does, plus he hears and smells it. He is on the job. We were gone and all our dogs were on the job. We have some awesome neighbors.
Agreed, there probably was something there. We just couldn't hear or see it. Last time it happened a couple months ago turned out it was a mole lol

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on. Raining.... which means a bit of a break. Spent yesterday hanging out with family, my sister and her family in the morning and then in laws in the evening. Fun times but am glad that it's done. Family all gave a us bit of cash for our farm projects, :love.