Coffee anyone ?

Sourland

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
@Mini Horses, it's the busy time of year, and I was away a bit early in the month. All is well with me and mine. Wishing the same for you and yours. 'Al', hugs and a lift up - hope you are not too heavy. Congratulations to your son and to you and Spouse for raising a group of great kids.

Brewed a fresh pot and dusted things off here. Anyone got any goodies ? I am carbohydrate deprived.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sourland, Glad all is well -- just busy.

:D Home fries probably better for us than the donuts I'm thinking . Coffee guzzling here. Haven't been out to open coops and milk yet. Need to get moving!! I turned off alarm and slept in until 6:30. Was nice. Then I lazed around for a while :caf Sometimes you just "need" a slack day. Signing off to get these animals back to happy. :D =D

We have rain rolling in tonight, through Monday or Tuesday. Looks like my day off, Sunday, will be wet. :( Always subject to change!

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks all..... and yeah, I am proud of my kid... but that was very hard too. My dad was a Reader in the church, my eldest always super looked up to my dad, and a big reason why my eldest wants to be a priest was because of my dad. My kid and I had both very much wanted my dad to be there when my kid was tonsured.

So to have my kid tonsured the week AFTER my dad died.... Was a kick in the gut.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
So to have my kid tonsured the week AFTER my dad died.... Was a kick in the gut.
Depending on your beliefs, you can consider that while your Dad wouldn't have been able to make it were he still hanging on, he would be able to make it because he had passed. You just wouldn't see him there. :hugs

Sourland

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Thanks all..... and yeah, I am proud of my kid... but that was very hard too. My dad was a Reader in the church, my eldest always super looked up to my dad, and a big reason why my eldest wants to be a priest was because of my dad. My kid and I had both very much wanted my dad to be there when my kid was tonsured.

Also one heck of a tribute to the influence of your Dad.

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Depending on your beliefs, you can consider that while your Dad wouldn't have been able to make it were he still hanging on, he would be able to make it because he had passed. You just wouldn't see him there. :hugs

But I haven't yet figured out how to talk to the dead.

I just miss being able to chat with him. I had very much looked forward to sharing the joy of my eldest's accomplishment. Not the same when he can't talk back.