Coffee anyone ?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks! I slept on this morning, tired from yesterday. This is me on the roof yesterday. I was using a short piece of a board and a hammer to tap the tin into place.

5D2DF753-3B82-41F6-A186-D038480FD3AC.jpeg

We got all the metal in place, but left the ends with no screws in them. Robert wants to put flashing on the ends. I would have done that first.

We went to Walmart yesterday afternoon and found sweet corn for .10 cents an ear. We got 50 for us and 20 for Robert and Sharon. We called Robert when we got home and he came right over. By the time he got here, I had his shucked, DH helped me shuck ours, I am fast on shucking corn. Then I washed, blanched, cut it off the cob and bagged it up. Got 12 bags of 2 cups each of cream corn.

Today I have some boards to paint so I can get going on building storage in the middle bedroom. Otherwise I have NO ambition.

Need another cup of coffee.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sounds like ambition enough to me, Bay.

RollingAcres & I are in the cooler than norm, raining it's butt off part of the East coast. Got 3.5" yesterday, on top of a couple the day before....it's off & on now but, some heavy stuff coming from the South, so a little more not really needed in an hour or so. My only day off in last 8 & next 6, so I am a touch down over it. :rolleyes: My goats are especially unhappy -- since I have NO hay for those spoiled gals. Heading out for a couple bales. My grass is knee deep on them -- of course, rain makes it a place they won't go. :D BUT it is also why I have no hay on hand!

Do I have plenty that needs me to do in the house? Of course!! Do I want to do that? NO!! I will give myself an attitude adjustment and get to work. :(

I am thrilled to have rain and not drought -- BUT I would love to share some of this with you dry TX people.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I watered the 4 crepe myrtles, cucumbers and corn. I staggered to the house soaking with sweat and guzzled sweet tea. Now my husband is scrambling me a couple of eggs. Then I’ll move the Sheep off the pipeline back to their barn and paint my boards.

Sourland

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
@RollingAcres, down here in central NJ local sweet corn became available 4th of July weekend. I buy from a stand that picks daily. :drool Every year I freeze about 50 half pints of their corn for use when it is out of season.

A fresh pot has been brewed and some leftover blueberry scones are on the counter. Have at 'em.

RollingAcres

Herd Master
Reaction score
@RollingAcres, down here in central NJ local sweet corn became available 4th of July weekend. I buy from a stand that picks daily. :drool Every year I freeze about 50 half pints of their corn for use when it is out of season.

A fresh pot has been brewed and some leftover blueberry scones are on the counter. Have at 'em.
I think we normally have some by now. Maybe I went too early this morning so maybe they didn't pick any yet for today. I'll have to check again tomorrow.
I've never had good luck freezing corn. I've tried blaching it first. I've tried not blanching it. How do you do it?

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Very true :(
Long road to recover from this, I'm sure others who have lost a parent will agree. Do the best you can, when you can. Before my mother died in 2003 I had been making my lunch to take to work for years, clipped grocery store coupons to save money for years. For a year after she died even those things were too much "work". Everything that was more than "must be done" was too much "work". My brain couldn't handle it. :hugs
thanks... kinda where I am at now.