Coffee anyone ?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ahhh, coffee and "working the kinks out" kinda morn. Then I will muse over mechanical fixes for truck & mower, maybe. :D =D

Then I may just go hug some goats & minis....feeling like a slow day is developing. I call it -- enjoy the things for which I am grateful day. Need to make a pot of cheese and cook a couple doz apples into something -- maybe a few jars of chunky applesauce. Or some fried apples. Love those in the mornings.

Yep, this is going to be a "wander along" type day. :lol:

Bay, your shelving sounds good. I have some adjustables that I use a lot in one of my upstairs storage areas. WOW, do I need to get in there and throw out, reorganize! Thanks, sorta. :D It's dark & decent temps all year per my skin when I go in. I'm thinking to put one of those thermometers in --with the read out on another unit, the indoor/ourdoor sets -- to monitor temps. It may be a good place for canned goods next year. My garage is perfect except for son living in there.:lol: Hoping they find another house, soon. Not many rentals around.

Hope everyone else is lined up for a nice day! I'm getting a refill. Back in a jiffy. Certain others will be checking in.:clap

RollingAcres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the coffee @Baymule! I’ll skip the whiskey. I don’t do alcohol. Hot coffee and a sudafed for me. I’m also losing my voice!

Your daughter looks like a great sport! I’m sure the kids got a kick out of it!!

Sorry you are losing your voice. But look on the bright side, you can "chat" with us here on BYH all day long even if you don't have a voice. ;)

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
We ended up getting 1.1" of rain yesterday, so it is a bit soggy out there now....and more on the way....I put fresh hay out in the goat house yesterday evening, so they should be good and will just take the day as it comes. Sounds to me like the cooler nite temps are trying to give ya a chest cold @Wehner Homestead....might wanna increase the vitamin C intake.....:)

Skiesblue

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Coffee is ready. Got some raw honey to out in it for that scratchy throat @Wehner Homestead and a kick of whiskey if you're inclined. Your throat might still hurt, but you won't care. :lol:
@Skiesblue I did some painting yesterday too. I've building two shelf towers in the middle bedroom closet to put canned goods (jars), canning supplies and my big pots in. I got them finished and one tower loaded up. The big tower is 3' wide and 7' tall, the little tower is 22" wide and 7' tall. I painted all the boards before I put it all together, then did touch up after I beat them up. LOL I hope you can take some time to put your feet up and rest today. Landing like you did has got to hurt.
Tower sounds great. I wish I had room. A knee is a little sore (bumped it) but ok otherwise. I’m posting later about a paint phenomenon I’m experiencing but have to dash to the feed store.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
So, today got the truck inspected. Still no mower engine. It's ok, one will surely turn up eventually. Or --

In my wandering day, I did a few things as I saw them. Minimal work day. Did spray & remove a few huge wasp nests. Nice! Scrubbed and filled a few water tubs...ahhh fresh and cool!

Heading out in a few to set up a catch pen for 4 young bucklings. I believe the auction is tomorrow -- will confirm In a few minutes. No need to put off their leaving. A few less is good. HOT out there still.