Coffee anyone ?

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
What do you do with vehicles & other motored equipment?? Block heaters? Heated garages?? :ep Animals?? I can't even imagine that temp feeling. Your house & heaters are maxed.
Heated garages are great, but block heaters work well. But you need to keep the battery warm too, not just the block. Some people bring the battery inside at night.

r3bauer

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
What do you do with vehicles & other motored equipment?? Block heaters? Heated garages?? :ep Animals?? I can't even imagine that temp feeling. Your house & heaters are maxed.
My truck is sitting out in the driveway but the wind is blocked by the house. My chickens are in the coop with extra beeding and two heat lamps. DS#3 and I check on them constantly through this. We havent had these temps in 20+ years! We cranked up the heat, shoveled out the gas meter, dryer vent, and furnace air intake and exhaust. I have to go to a Dr. Appointment an hour and a half a way today.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
@r3bauer
We will be there tomorrow....-40 - 50 windchills, below zeros highs..... currently 8° F and dropping....
Got a new tank heater in... extra firewood inside... going to be a rough 3 days...some schools already have cancelled through Thursday. Not my kids... I told them we will keep on... even tomorrow which is our light day of school due to our co op classes. Stay warm!

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
I just can't comprehend that kind of cold.
I think the lowest we've EVER had around here was something like -15.
I know that millions of people and animals get through it just fine.. but HOW??? :ep

I keep saying that I want to visit during one of these nasty, miserable cold spells just so that I can stand outside the motel for a few mins and say that I've experienced it. I think that I would NEVER complain about Virginia cold again.

RollingAcres

Herd Master
Reaction score
-33° schools have cancelled until Thursday at the earliest. Even the three state colleges cancelled!
Stay warm and be careful going outside to do animal chores!

We will be there tomorrow....-40 - 50 windchills, below zeros highs..... currently 8° F and dropping...
Bundle up and stay warm and safe!