Coffee anyone ?

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
Why is something as simple as sleep so hard?
Why does coffee have to be fresh to be good? Why can't I just make a huge pot once a week and not have to wait those horrible 3mins for it to run into my cup? Why do businesses HAVE to open in the MORNINGS? And WHY so early?
Why couldn't I have been born rich? Why is it considered 'WRONG" to show up at work in PJs with bed-hair and stinky teeth? Why doesn't work close for rain? Why does it have to rain everyday anyway?
:\

raining.jpg

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
For a change, I slept good last night. It dawned on me why I haven't slept much lately. I have been waking up at 12:30 or 1:30 and laying awake for 3-4 hours. :barnie Last night I realized that every night I did that, I found a new lamb the next morning. Duh. The shepherd in me was awake for their birth, even though I didn't realize it at the time. Only one more ewe to lamb. I suppose I won't be finding newborns this morning, because I slept like a rock last night. ;)

RollingAcres

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Baymule I'm glad you got some good night sleep. Most nights I sleep ok. I'd wake up a couple times but would fall back to sleep within few minutes. The other day I was up to let the puppy out around 2 am then was wide awake for a couple of hours after.

Why is something as simple as sleep so hard?
Why does coffee have to be fresh to be good? Why can't I just make a huge pot once a week and not have to wait those horrible 3mins for it to run into my cup? Why do businesses HAVE to open in the MORNINGS? And WHY so early?
Why couldn't I have been born rich? Why is it considered 'WRONG" to show up at work in PJs with bed-hair and stinky teeth? Why doesn't work close for rain? Why does it have to rain everyday anyway?
Why can't I win the lottery? Why can't we have 4-day work week and 3-day weekend? Why can't businesses have the same hours as schools so parents can be home and spend time with their kids after school?

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Just remember this....if it weren't for the "valleys" in life, ya would never know or enjoy the "mountain tops"....and as my Mom would say....boy, the world don't revolve around you....your just a speck of dirt in it....:)
Glad ya got some good rest @Baymule ya certainly deserved and needed it.....:thumbsup

Last edited:

Rammy

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Baymule I'm glad you got some good night sleep. Most nights I sleep ok. I'd wake up a couple times but would fall back to sleep within few minutes. The other day I was up to let the puppy out around 2 am then was wide awake for a couple of hours after.

Why can't I win the lottery? Why can't we have 4-day work week and 3-day weekend? Why can't businesses have the same hours as schools so parents can be home and spend time with their kids after school?
I have a four day workweek and a three day weekend. Sometimes I get a four day weekend depending on when the holiday falls. :plbb Love ya @RollingAcres !! :love

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Raining here too. Had cold and cloudy Sunday, then intermittent rain Monday and more steady stuff last night and today. Wish I could like the post by @canesisters a hundred times.
Farm cancelled test yesterday, had a silo unloader breakdown on Sunday. Re scheduled for Friday aft. It is supposed to clear off tomorrow, 2 days of sun then rain again Friday. Temps were in the 20's and 30's Sunday & Monday, some ice Sunday night, 30's again today, then maybe 50 with the sun tomorrow? Can't change it. But we sure don't need all this water right now.