Coffee anyone ?

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on. Wanted to sleep in but DH had to work... John's team won their game last night!! They are 4-2. Was so proud as he stayed in the box during the live pitching. He's definitely afraid of the ball but is working through it. :clapThough he is talking like it may be his last year due to other interests. 24D44789-D7E2-49F4-B748-71045F0AE3B9.jpeg

I take otc magnesium for cramps and anxiety, etc It definitely helps when I remember to take it.

Last edited:

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
I take niacin too. However, my numbers didn't start going down, until I started taking a higher dose of natural thyroid medication (balanced T3 and T4). From what I understand low thyroid can cause elevated cholesterol.
I didn't know that! My thyroid numbers are always normal - but about as low as they can be and still be normal range...:hu

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
3rd cup and now to go try to deal with a calf it's mother has not taken on.
Sumbeech can run faster than the deer I spooked up while looking for the calf right before dark last night. I had to lead in, then lock the whole herd into a 20 ac parcel at dusk just to help/hope the calf makes it thru the night, as it ran into the woods that make up what used to be my brother's place. Hopefully it had enough instinct to rejoin the group. Knew something was wrong Thursday evening when momma showed up all alone right behind the shop with afterbirth hanging and no calf anywhere around. Yesterday morning, I found the calf with her, but she just kept pushing it away but I decided to let it stay with her during the day. I'll have to try to graft it on to another cow or give it to someone that has a milk cow I guess...I don't bottle feed them at these low prices.
She just wrote herself a one way ticket to sale barn and the kill pen.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Joyce can't function without her Slow Mag....guess ya will have a short career as a coach then.....:)
Well coaching softball not baseball... :idunno Have a feeling that might continue. Though praying someone with more experience will step up.... not sure I want to deal with parents who sit there doing nothing then feel obligated to yell you because you had to yell at their kid across the field who just watched the ball roll by them.... I did explain what she needed to be doing between inninings. And the last inning she did much better... :idunno in my book yelling in ballgames is ok as long as it's balanced with learning and positives... how else do they learn? It works for my kids... people suck... really wish I had time to hit the trails... maybe soon.
@greybeard hope the cow cooperates!!!

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have a few more swallows of coffee, then got to get chores done. I need to bail out the horse tank.....it's a 300 gallon galvanized redneck swimming pool. It is now green, filled with skeeter wigglers and needs bailing and scrubbing with Clorox. Ahhh…..summer is here.
No swallows of coffee but we do have barn swallows building nests :love

Is there no drain plug on the stock tank? Man, bailing out even a half empty 300 gallon tank sounds like no fun. I guess you could start a siphon. And get some feeder fish to eat the mosquito larvae after you get it set back up and the chlorine has dissipated.

Latest posts