Coffee anyone ?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
:celebrateSounds like you are doing ok, promise....a ride AND now donuts!

I had strawberries, a bacon/egg/cheese wrap, with homemade cheese. :D Plenty of coffee in the pot and if you like milk/cream, there's about 6 gal there. In fact, chocolate syrup is right there, have cold chocolate milk!! Please drink all you want. Putting another gallon in freezer for the cheddar I plan to make next month, when I have time to do it. :rolleyes:

Weather here is just fantastic today. Same predicted for next 2 days. Of course, I am working :( Holidays they push the food & drink things. Today I'm cooking steaks! Yesterday, beer sampled. Tomorrow, cookies. You just bounce from one thing to another :lol: Actually, most are fun demos.

It's "looking" like I will be off Tues/Wed. :celebrate Need to be!:D =D My grass is butt deep to a tall giraffe. Too wet to mow in AM, often too late in PM -- after chores. :idunno

Farmer cut the orchard grass across the street. Hope he'll do the alfalfa next week Need to get a SUPPLY....my goaties love that stuff! Hope Dorian stays away, don't need rain on it.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee here and toast with my home made wild plum jam. I can eat the jam with a spoon, it's so good. Lunch will be yesterdays pork roast in cream of mushroom soup and onion soup mix, with 2 bags of frozen mixed vegetables tossed in this morning (crock pot) to make stew/soup.

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the coffee! Woke up to the smells of cooked pig wafting through my house. Dry rubbed and sat in the fridge for 12 hours yesterday and cooked low and slow for 10 hours overnight. It will turn into pulled pork later today. Yum!
A73C2020-3B7F-4467-8EEC-AC812A84AEE2.jpeg

Last edited:

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
@frustratedearthmother, I would be having that right now -- for breakfast! :D Looks soooo good. I'm a supper for breakfast kinda person -- leftovers, overnight cooks, etc. Plus, I find I rarely have "time" to do an evening meal if it isn't already cooked. They say you should have your bigger meal in the morning :idunno guess my body agrees. :D =D All I know is that I would be chowing down on that lovely crusty, browned, caramelized pork!! :drool

Checked the news for a weather update on Dorian. Looks like this storm is going to share with everyone on the East coast! :he
There IS a very, very slight chance that it will skirt some and blow on out further when it gets to the Outer Banks area :idunno At any rate, Thurs thru Sat looks WET!!! :( Better get some hay ready cause we know the goats can get wet -- they will need and expect 4star service in the barn! I can get wet, in their opinion.:old Will sure make milking fun -- location is not where they bed down and involves walking OUTSIDE to it.:rolleyes:Only milking one now & 1X day but, with 3/4-1gal a day, can't miss the event. Which makes me think -- dang, that's a LOT of weight to carry around!

Working later -- easy demo...cookie type thing & grapes. Guess chickens would like me to come open their coop -- I'm lazing with my coffee. They have food/water in there. :old

Everyone on E coast, get ready. But -- have a good day, while you can. :frow

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
@frustratedearthmother, I would be having that right now -- for breakfast! :D Looks soooo good. I'm a supper for breakfast kinda person -- leftovers, overnight cooks, etc. Plus, I find I rarely have "time" to do an evening meal if it isn't already cooked. They say you should have your bigger meal in the morning :idunno guess my body agrees. :D =D All I know is that I would be chowing down on that lovely crusty, browned, caramelized pork!! :drool

We think alike MH! I can testify that it is YUMMY! And, it goes pretty well with coffee, lol!
My evenings are about to get busy again - going back to work next week....:( This will help with at least a couple of meals that I won't have to cook after work.

Just a hair more than 4 months until retirement!!