Coffee anyone ?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm glade you guys are out of the danger zone. That amount of rain is something I can't even comprehend.
Even when we lived down there, our house was in a high spot. The land we owned several miles from town was another story. A dry gulley that cut across the property turned into a raging river. Once we were out there trying to clear debris from the fence. I had my leg woven in and out of the barbed wire fence to keep from being washed away, dragging limbs off the fence. LOL In rains like this, many roads went under water. I don't miss it one bit.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on.
Hay is on the wagons...233 bales my estimate was 200. I did drive for awile, about 80 bales...not sure it'll happen again..:(.though I think I can start the old Allis and move her now. Between the two of us and our 11 year old we got 112 on the wagon, and a friend who is an expert stacker came and they got the rest done. I am paying him in pies. :D =D
80's again today... many years we've had frost by now...kind of odd but good for hay and a fall planting too. Have a good Saturday !

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
@promiseacres, isn't this 2nd batch (or 3rd) of hay at new farm? Sounds like you are set for winter....nice!

We had a couple days of cool here -- 42 yesterday AM...for me that's a brrrrr day, & up to 71 daytime. No AC running for a few days. Alas, it's a lovely 67 now but going to mid-upper 80s today. Not a bad day, not unbearable...kinda pleasant for all but a couple hrs. I'm good with it. :D =D Work today anyhow. Home about 4 and it will still be a decent day....grass will be dry enough to cut and that's what I hope to do! Even with no actual rain, our humidity is so high that we awaken to WET...keeps things growing but, hampers early morning "stuff" sometimes.

RUT is in full swing for these goats! I'm ready for it to be over.:D This 2 yr old Romeo is stomping my last nerve! He needs to chill or I will move him out....sale or butcher....:rolleyes:better chill!!

Everyone try to be safe, be kind, be happy...:frow

Last edited: