Coffee anyone ?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Bruce, they probably noticed the "mud" was wet sand. But that's what mud IS at grandmas! :lol: Kids are able to adapt.:D =D

We are getting R A I N today. Yep, a little. In reality, it's more of a fine mist -- no real droplets. Anyway, it's wet. Sorta. :D After a few hours the grass is wet. Hey, it's water! Good enough...better than none. May total .25" for the day :idunno I'm thankful for it, even tho it prohibits the outdoor work. Been very dry for my area. VERY. It will be gone by morning, just pleasant coolness will stay behind.

My DGD did the actual drive to school today, I was a passenger.:D =D She did great! Yep, all the bells & whistles -- everything she should have done. Happy with that. I drank coffee and rode along quietly.:D

Need to check on those apples cooking. Smells good.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure those girls are smart. Won't they kinda notice that the sand floor in the playhouse is the same as the mud they were playing with yesterday??
We got it moved, leveled and concrete flat blocks under the skids. We have some bags of sand from Lowes to fill it in. of course, paris used it as a vantage point to watch a ewe have twin lambs this evening. Paris didn't like the smooth level ground, so she dug a hole. LOL LOL

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Actually we buy bags of rock with a hole in it for $1. We get 15 or so bags of rock, sometimes sand is in the mix. We are doing the circle part of our driveway. So we set the sand aside for the playhouse floor. An added bonus-the bagged sand does not have sheep poop in it. ;)

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
HOT coffee here this AM. 54 on my porch! Yeah, almost winter for you TX people. :D It's Fall here. We'll have low-mid 70 all week, then :epit's low 60 the following week. So glad I got all my light jackets washed up couple weeks ago. Pulled out some flannel shirts, too. That & sweat shirts pretty much make up the attire for a couple months. It's a tad early for the 60s...that's normally a Nov thing. Signals early winter? :idunno Well, it's "time" for that proverbial "bad winter" we get every 7-10 yrs. Been wary last 2 yrs -- hope it doesn't happen now. :fl

Today I work 12-6, then I'm looking at 6 straight days at home. :caf Hard to believe (although this IS our slow time) as not usually all together. I will think I have "retired"! :D Especially when payday rolls around. :lol: Truck repair bills only add to the "joy" of both of us aging & needing $$ inputs. Almost done.

On a positive note, I found a little deposit to my account from Social Security. They actually review your accounts each year -- automation at it's finest -- and since I have worked continually since my "retirement age" I am getting a small increase in my monthly stipend. :D =D In my case it appears that MY account is reviewed about Sep, a makeup sum is in my account Oct, and the increased amount begins to pay Nov. Nice job SSA. Every little bit helps :) It happens that the new amount will be basis for the paltry COL increase (that they normally eat up with increased Medicare increase). I never knew they did this until it began a few years back.o_O:yesss:

Most of ya'll aren't still working after retirement. I am. :lol: Last night I has thinking, 57 years I've been working! :old You know, I am THRILLED that I still can and do.

Guess I'll wander on out there and open the coops now. The days being shorter, daylight is later and nightfall is earlier. So I'm adjusting my own schedules. :idunno Otherwise, may have a fox take advantage. Thankfully, haven't seen one around this year.....but, had 7 deer in my front yard pasture 2 days ago. We startled each other as I backed to turn and the headlights hit them as I pulled out. :D Dark when DGD has to leave for school now, & I was going to get her. Coffee in tow. I can drink as she drives. Today...DD has the drive time, she's off work. I get to :caf

Well, that's MY day in a nutshell. Hope yours is as pleasant as this one is for me. :frow

ETA: This looks like a journal entry for me...I need to shorten it but, hey gives you something to read as you have your coffee.

Last edited:

Latest posts