Coffee anyone ?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
We kept the little granddaughters last night, took to daycare this morning. DD is at a conference, DSIL is sick. He just couldn’t handle 2 little girls. He got home from work yesterday and went to bed. He went to work today, got home with fever and feeling terrible, went to bed. DD texted me to keep them again tonight. I picked them up from daycare. She’ll be home late tonight. I did finish parting out the other 5 chickens. LOL I have a couple days of canning ahead of me. Then I have another 8 or 9 to slaughter.

I have 84 alerts. Don’t think I’ll get to them tonight. :)

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have 84 alerts. Don’t think I’ll get to them tonight. :)
You've done enough...alerts can wait.

I had felt today was butcher roos day -- BUT after waiting almost 3 weeks, the mechanic could/would be able to get my truck in for the new upper control arms/ball joints. So, when I called about 7:30 he said bring at about 9:30. DD was going to meet me and bring me home. Go to start and DEAD battery..:he What??? no time. Wouldn't take a jump....call DD and had her pick up a battery and bring to me as she was in town. Get here, can't get the horrid clip off that holds battery in....finally did. New batt in and off to shop, arriving 1 hr later than planned. Mechanic says "don't know if I can be done today, since you're late I started another job". I wasted NO TIME in asking why he hadn't called me AND advised him to tell the other job to wait like I had for almost 3 weeks!!! He advised he'd do best he could to get mine done. I told him he owed me that!! I needed my truck as DD was loaning hers to me and it was now having issues. I HAD to have this done.

DD took me home...in front yard I have 15 goat does grazing. :thfound & fixed escape hole. Called them & moved back into pasture.

Then, get a WEIRD call from my "mortgage co" saying I was short in my escrow. (NO WAY!!) A man with an extreme accent, lot of background noise, giving me info that you would think ONLY the mortgage co would know. After much repeating (so I could understand him) we get to the part where I needed to pay $868.20 to bring escrow into balance. OK, many questions from me, replies from him. It became "pay by debit card" time. I had been careful to not divulge anything and said I would need to pay this next week after payday...what's your number to call back? He gave me his "direct line". :D Called and he answered....acted like I had more questions. Hang up. Call mortgage co and after much transferring get a supervisor who cannot confirm this person is associated with them...:lol: Surprise!! Advised they might have a hack going on & gave all info...then reported all to FTC for possible fraud/scam activity. :old Couple hours used up.

Then drive tractor to back to pull 4 large logs (tree trunks) from woods for DD; then helped her pickup and transport another pile of cut logs from further down along wood line to her cutting pile, with the tractor. By now, late day.

4:30 mechanic calls...miraculously the truck repairs are done. Have DD take me to pick up. Bill is a good amount less than originally thought. Nice. Go home. Do chores. Leave for town to return old (6 y/o) battery for core charge refund and what do you know...truck doesn't start as I go to leave town! :thThought it was the remote clicker (my theft/alarm system requires it to start engine)….new battery for that. Nope, Took it apart right there! cleaned some crap off the spot to click...still no go. Notice NO LIGHTS...hmmm, new battery. Open hood, cable to ground is loose. Back in auto store...give me something to tighten this. WHAT? Hey, I bought this AM and you did not install, so do so now! Got that cable tightening done, truck started and home. Took new wires for spark plug to coil pack -- that I bought while at auto parts shop -- so we can install, hoping that is the problem on her little truck. If not, plugs are next. :idunno

I never planned to be a mechanic but, dammit I will be if this keeps up. Ain't ever had an issue being direct with my words...that's why truck was done -- he'd planned to leave early for a car show this weekend. He could go, just not till I got my truck!! :old Some days I am quite assertive. Why did I wait for that long for work? Because this mechanic is good and he is honest. Have used him off and on for many years. Just needs a little "talk" sometimes....if he thinks he can slide you to suit his own life, he may. I wouldn't slide today and he didn't get to leave early for the car show this weekend. Too bad. Drive at night.

Today has been full. :lol: And, yes, I am having a relaxing glass of vino. I have earned it!!!:old Roosters will crow again. :D =D

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on!
Yes I am a bit anxious about my day so up at 4 something... hoping Mom isn't expecting me to drive...but at the same time... not sure I want to ride with two people driving whose eyes are not what they used to be... with a horse trailer.... and two crazy horses. But.... :duc in any case we don't leave until 1:30, have rabbit cages that still need cleaned and hope to get the kids out to get their pumpkins.

@Mini Horses I was a bit worried there for a minute that you would be scammed. All our escrow communication has always been via letter. So glad you got that taken care of but what a waste. I sure hope that guy gets caught! :thumbsup

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Mini Horses I was a bit worried there for a minute that you would be scammed.

I've been working with this "new" to me mortgage company -- you know how they move you between servicing companies -- because my PRIOR company filed bankruptcy and feds moved all accounts to another. There were issues & discrepancies with what the "new" one felt I owed and/or had paid -- like a large overage was transferred and "disappeared". :rolleyes: Because of the company bankruptcy, details were slow to obtain. We've been communicating by MY calls to them and they in writing to ME. But then his call. I'm pretty careful about what I say and provide when I did not initiate the call. But info caller had was some that they would need "my file"....THAT was first red flag & kept getting more "interesting". Having been in money/file documentation mgmt. for years (in a former life :D =D) I'm pretty suspect to many things...& people & facts & not fitting together, or giving pertinent info to unknowns. It's been reported. So either a hack to investigate &/or scam ring out there OR an unorganized mtg servicer!

The entire day was just one of "cat & mouse" or unneeded interruptions to my plans. :D One of those BUSY as shell but not much progress on plans. Like all day long, jumped spot to spot. :idunno Accomplished some things, the hard way.

Today is a lovely 38 to start chilly....only up to 66-68 day. But, I work. Yep, chips & dips -- a customer grab & run demo.:rolleyes: Easy work -- pays the bills. No complaints. At least I'm off & home before dark. :D =D PLUS can drive my OWN truck that is driving so, so nicely now. :yesss: Sure was good to be back up high in a full sized truck -- DDs is a smaller Ford Ranger. I feel like I'm up on a ladder or something...nice.

Then, hoped to move the roo butcher date to Sunday but, we are being pelted by "Nestor" (?) with a couple inches of rain, all day. Heavy work next week, so will feed them another week or so. :\ Gonna be plump when done. :drool

EVERYONE -- Be safe and enjoy your weekend!! :woot

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
And, yes, I am having a relaxing glass of vino. I have earned it!!!
Yes you did!

All our escrow communication has always been via letter.
Yep, Like the IRS, they don't usually call.

OR an unorganized mtg servicer
I'm not sure I would use the word "unorganized". I would never give any bank info/debit card to someone who called me on the phone unless by prior arrangement/association.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I get them so rarely there wouldn't be any leftovers!
Maybe you ought to come visit, we’ll fill you up!

Took little granddaughters home at 10:30 this morning. Came home and started processing chicken. Got 11 pints of meat canned for us and 12 quarts of chicken backs, necks, gizzards, livers, hearts and rice canned for the dogs. Tomorrow I’ll simmer bones for broth.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Bruce, I meant unorganized (using a kind term) as they couldn't confirm this was not one of their personnel -- or was -- seems they have no master list of assigned "agent numbers" within their company. That's pretty basic, like a name, when they are used. OR, even if it was a number within that system. :rolleyes: Any supervisor in this section should have that info or be able to call HR for it. And certainly they would have a security division to ask. Doesn't make you feel secure, right?

Oh, LOL, no bank info/debit card to an unknown.

Picked up couple bales of hay. Rain tomorrow, so we know the goats won't graze. :lol: I was low -- still have pasture -- and soon will need to stock up. Just not this week. My suppliers have plenty of hay available.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Any supervisor in this section should have that info or be able to call HR for it. And certainly they would have a security division to ask. Doesn't make you feel secure, right?
Sure does(n't)! I'm thinking that since this person had pertinent data it is possible someone in the company is working with someone else on the "outside", passing info so they can scam people. Maybe I'm just too suspicious.

Latest posts