Coffee anyone ?

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Chores done.... all are GOOD!!!!:bunny the extra lamp has made a big difference for the bunnies! (which is awesome as we need to start thinking breeding for 4H juniors in about a month.) having another cup. I'll keep the water warm too for the rest of the day. Don't mind the cats... they decided it was too cold to go out...
Horses were happy for hay, I will give them more hay at noon. Chase, one of Mom's is not doing great with the cold... shivering a lot. I told her over a week ago he needed a blanket. So she brought over a couple of junk ones.. neither are good for turn out. I guess I just need to get him measured and one ordered...at least she'll probably pay me back. DH is ticked... all summer it was too hot for her to do anything with the horses, now it's too cold....:rant Family is so fun....

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
uhhh according to radar we have snow clouds...:epo_O thats just crazy. it's currently 32.we been losing chicks not sure as to why. i know we have predators around a red tail hawk decided to nest close by. and we also have an owl coming around at night, that and large stray cats. The dog came in late last night but no telling what happened there is a dead chicken not eaten from what i can tell looking out the window. it is the second hen to die in three months i think. and the chicks went from 25ish to 6 that i have seen. problem with not making it outside very often. i doubt it's the dog because if it was she wouldn't stop she needs the chickens back to their yard but thats about all she does.
promise family can be nuts, my brothers are that way. drives me crazy probably one of the reasons I like stay home on the holidays instead of dealing with their craziness.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
ere it's 52 out there, light rain which they say will increase heavily AND temps will drop all day to 20s about 2AM. So we may get some flakes falling it wont stay as ground is too warm. Maybe a few on steps, car, etc. until shortly after sunrise. Upper 30s tomorrow.

Just came in from making sure all troughs full -- in case the hose is frozen -- have hay at ready, bunkers full. They can all eat & watch the rain drops. LOL Had to move 3 animals to be able to put one with a shelter. you know -- boys, girls, bucks, sex, all that crap, had some that had been moved around and one in his hot wired prison needed a roof. I's done. I figure they'll do ok with cold rain & wind all night, just hunker down guys!!

Now...I'm going to work. Good thing today is a "set your own time" job. Would have called out had it been a 9-5er.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
We got lambs unloaded. DH fell in the trailer, his knee is swollen. They are booked through February! So I made appointment for May 19 for the 8 lambs that we are not keeping.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Alaskan thats just crazy says the girl from South Texas lol. no thanks i am cold when it's 65 in the house much less 39.... probably helps your use to it but not happening i need heat.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Started at 58 about midnight, temps kept falling. Now 29 @ 7 pm and supposed to get down to upper teens with wind chills in single digits. Had 60's plus all last week, now tomorrow maybe upper 30's . Not looking to taking care of the chickens at son's house with these temps. I put the plexiglass squares in the spots where the hardware cloth is that he takes out for the summer. But all the waterers will be frozen. Made sure I drained the hose, his heat is set at 57 or so. Too much swing, and this is about 20 degrees colder than normal...

What is normal anymore????

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
my husband claims i look beyond ready to pop he amazed my stomach could stretch so far.
How many buns are in that oven?? ;)
I agree with you, seems a waste to go out and buy clothes you'll wear only a month. Maybe you can find something at GoodWill.

Ice! Ack!
What Al said!!!!!!
Snow can sometimes be bad, ice is always bad (unless it is on a rink and you are wearing skates).