Coffee anyone ?

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on. 10° today, averages usually in the 50s.... am praying this isn't a pattern for the winter (which still is over a month of away o_O ) but at least the rabbit shed is buttoned up and warm enough we should get some surviving winter litters this year. It's supposed warm up slowly over the next week.
School today and need to grab hay bales from the farm.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
COLD! Yes, unseasonably so for us...and many of you all out there! 27 outside and I awoke to 64 inside! Yikes, turned heat up a little -- I sleep on a heated mattress pad, so it was toasty there. :) Heading out there in a few....coffee first! Filled troughs late yesterday, so may need to break a little ice, don't expect a huge issue.

am praying this isn't a pattern for the winter (which still is over a month of away o_O )
You and me both ! We get a bad winter about every 8-10 years...and are "past due". I hate the bad years. Don't need it now.

Only 5 more days before a day off. :lol: They say 4 days of rain, including that day off -- bummer! I'll be ready to rest then, so :idunno

Past time to bundle up & get moving. Everyone wear your snuggies!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
thats a long time to feed those little guys. but its also alot of lambs to process on your own...
They'll be 8 months old and that will be the ending of the winter grasses, clovers, rye, fescue and others. Then the heat sets in and we will be trying to establish more bahia and Bermuda. We have a running start, but don't need the extra mouths eating it. I don't process lamb. I could if I have to, but don't want to. Going to advertise the meat from this batch for sale, can't do that if I hack at it myself, having them USDA processed.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Had my coffee, need to get dressed and get outside to break ice. We have to pick up 4 neighbor boys after school today. Parents have day off, going hunting. We are the stand in grand parents. LOL So I need to rustle up something for them to eat, they will hit the house hungry! Bottomless pits!

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on. 27° this morning!! Feels like a heat wave.

:lol: I'm close at 22 and I can assure you -- it is NOT a heat wave!!!!

Now, it's going to be low 50's next few days and that is because of RAIN. Don't want that. Maybe 3/4" each day, just not excited with it.

Bummer

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the coffee, we are above freezing. Maybe we can get back to our relatively mild winter with the occasional dip into the 20's.

We made it to 3 school campuses yesterday, got the 4 boys picked up and home with them. Their Mom didn't pick them up until 7:30. He had shot a deer, they didn't find it, so he took her back to her car and went back to the deer camp. They found some guy on Facebook that would bring his dog to trail the deer for $50 plus $100 if he found it. I'll find out today if they found it or not. It was his birthday, we had made a pan of brownies with 35 candles on it. So she facetimed him as he drove back, showed him the burning candles, we belted out Happy Birthday and she blew out the candles. LOL LOL The boys attacked the brownies and we sent the remaining 3 of them home for their Dad. Life is good.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
:lol: I'm close at 22 and I can assure you -- it is NOT a heat wave!!!!

Now, it's going to be low 50's next few days and that is because of RAIN. Don't want that. Maybe 3/4" each day, just not excited with it.

Bummer
If you can get by without the insulated bibs... it's a heat wave in the midwest....:lol: 3 days at around 10....15 more degrees can make a big difference.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
lol nop thats to cold for me. today was suppose to have a appointment but looks like we going to postpone it my daughter is complaining of not feeling well. i felt nauseous yesterday and got sick if i ate anything other then a breakfast taco pretty sure mine was a pregnancy thing. today i am cleaning like crazy and going to be trying to get things organized again. i hope all of yall stay warm and have a good day. our weather people cant seem to make up their minds what the weather is gonna be like it was already suppose to be in 70s now. the high is 49 lol. they still claim it warm up again i believe it when i see it.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
They found some guy on Facebook that would bring his dog to trail the deer for $50 plus $100 if he found it.
Seems a might greedy to charge an extra $100 if the dog is successful. For that kind of money, while not real ethical, I'd be tempted to go out hunting another day and after a different deer. The one he shot is likely dead somewhere by now anyway.