Coffee anyone ?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the coffee! Yesterday a neighbor came over and helped me hang a gate, set a H brace to hang it on and put up a cow panel to close the gap between the gate and corner of the portable building that forms a wall of the sheep barn. It replaced a wire gate that was loose, the wire was not stretched and our GP Trip could crawl over it. I added more wire to the gate to raise it another 2 feet. Climb THAT Trip! He's not on the porch this morning, maybe it worked.

My husband was having fits because I wouldn't let him help. Everything he touched, I bit his head off. He is not supposed to lift over 25 pounds, but I pretty much cut that down to ZERO. He is not supposed to bend over and he kept trying to find a way to cheat on that. He got mad, I got mad, he yelled, I yelled right back. He stomped off to the house. @B&B Happy goats called and chewed on him too. He finally began to get a glimmer of WHY he is not supposed to bend and lift. By that time, I was ready to knock him in the head and tell God that he died. We are paying a lot of money for the up grade lenses that Medicare won't pay for, why screw it up? One week, ONE WEEK of following Dr's orders and he is wanting to do as he pleases. Later he thanked me for making him do nothing. FINALLY he "got" it. By that time I was ready to gouge his eyes out, take them to the Dr's office and demand a refund. Gheesh. OK, rant over.

Going to get another cup of coffee.

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good gracious @Baymule! Glad BJ lost that one fight - he needs to not mess that eye up. On DH's first cataract surgery the lens shifted and he had to go back for a second surgery to nudge it back in place. Not so much fun...

I'm practicing being retired today. I'm off until after Thanksgiving week. Only going back for a couple days in Dec and will be done, done, done!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the coffee! Going out in the drizzle to do chores. Going to be gone all day, Trip spent night on porch so he wouldn’t be in the rain. He is scared of thunderstorms, if we aren’t here he jumps out. The back yard and side pasture is hot wired, but no shelter for him. With the new gate and cow panel at the Sheep barn, he will have a safe place while we are gone. Unless he finds a way out...... GRRRR

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
thanks promise! the boys are driving me crazy. one stayed up late and both decided 5 am was the time to get up. i disagreed and told them to go back to sleep which meant they were in my bed very unhappy about it but they both fell back to sleep then my daughter came in saying she couldnt sleep i told her go lay back down. they all are going to stop coming to my bed i don't know if i said this before but we have a queen bed and having all three kids in bed with us does not work. i might be cranky this morning I am pretty sore. today a midwife appointment day so cleaning today.

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
thanks promise! the boys are driving me crazy. one stayed up late and both decided 5 am was the time to get up. i disagreed and told them to go back to sleep which meant they were in my bed very unhappy about it but they both fell back to sleep then my daughter came in saying she couldnt sleep i told her go lay back down. they all are going to stop coming to my bed i don't know if i said this before but we have a queen bed and having all three kids in bed with us does not work. i might be cranky this morning I am pretty sore. today a midwife appointment day so cleaning today.
When we had a bedroom big enough, we tied a crib to the side of the bed. When the bedroom was too small we made a homemade bassinet thing.

Just for infants and toddlers.

After that age I was pretty strict about how to tell time, and that parents are not to be woken up before 7.

But... it worked better when they had someone to sleep with. My kids just slept in the same bed (so 6 year old sleeping with 4 year old), until they were maybe 10 and wanted their own mattress.

I dunno... now that it has been more than 10 years since a child has wanted to sleep with us... I do miss that stage...they were cute.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
lol i understand if our room was big enough i probably would. the boys were mad they had to go back to sleep. i am planning on taking apart their bunk since my middle is scared to sleep there and the youngest doesnt need to climb. the oldest is moving to another room with a new bed got her so that should help. i am just cranky.

Latest posts