Coffee anyone ?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
So sorry you are feeling bad. Dr. Baymule says chicken broth with fresh garlic and fresh ginger grated into it. Elderberry syrup every hour or two, get some rest and sleep.

MtViking

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Glad surgery went well! Get better @promiseacres. Chinook winds are blowing in Montana and melting the snow. Roads are going to be like ice rinks this morning. I hope my kids remember how to drive on it. Worries me every winter. The rabbits are enjoying the warmer weather, so are the dogs, as am I to be honest. The snow was so perfect for snowman making last night I just had to go out in the dark and build one hahaha. He’s about 7ft tall so should last a few days.
613C9EC3-28A0-4F9D-8CE3-B1E441DCC9CF.jpeg

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Glad surgery went well! Get better @promiseacres. Chinook winds are blowing in Montana and melting the snow. Roads are going to be like ice rinks this morning. I hope my kids remember how to drive on it. Worries me every winter. The rabbits are enjoying the warmer weather, so are the dogs, as am I to be honest. The snow was so perfect for snowman making last night I just had to go out in the dark and build one hahaha. He’s about 7ft tall so should last a few days. View attachment 67809
That is just adorable !!!!!! Good for you.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
then do some Christmas shopping... would rather just order it online but DH likes to.
Have you checked his temperature? He must be sick, men don't like to shop (unless it is for tools or equipment).

I think im the only one who raises lamb and cant stand the taste of it :hu
Send it to MEEEEEE!!!!!!
DD will be driving down through Maine from the Calais crossing to around Portland on the 13th or 14th then home to NW Vermont ;)

Parked at the Long Beach airport, plane delayed 1h 10M. Really should have checked that before heading to dinner then here.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on.
And yes @Bruce my DH wants to shop for Christmas....he probably enjoys it much more than I. The two of us aren't typical in the female/male likes and dislikes. He worries way more than I about a clean house than I... :hu but the bunnies get clean cages weekly...

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the coffee. On my second cup. Today I am going to can dog food. I had 3 halves of hog heads in the freezer that had to go when we picked up lamb from the processor. So I cooked them, picked the meat off, put half gallon jars of broth in the refrigerator and gave the jaw bones and half skulls to the dogs. Today is canning day.

I tried to make scrapple out of a hog head, but just couldn't make myself eat hog head. I didn't even get to the point of making scrapple, just didn't look appetizing to me. With all the better cuts of meat that we have, I am quite happy to make dog food from the hog heads.

When we have hogs processed, the butcher saws the heads in half, skins them, scoops out the brains and I get them bagged up and frozen. I never asked for them, but ok, I will use them for dog food and dog broth. I can even get past that eyeball looking at me. LOL LOL But I just can't eat them. If we were hungry, I probably could. But we are not hungry and I gladly share the heads with the dogs.

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm getting a late start around here today. It's sprinkling, the snow is gone, and the pens need a good thorough cleaning before the rain gets heavy. I think I'll have another cup first. I have a few of yesterdays cinnamon rolls left. I sent most of them home with Kid#2 yesterday, but held back a couple just in case I didn't really mean I was going to watch my calories.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I got 12 quarts of meat and rice, I put a half cup of cooked rice in each quart. Then I got 16 quarts of broth and rice. You are right, FEM, the dogs are so spoiled!

Making use of my time, while processing, I did laundry and ran the fecals I took from the sheep a couple of days ago. Perfect thing to do while keeping an eye on the pressure canner.

Then I cooked lamb chops and mixed vegetables for supper, so good!