Coffee anyone ?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the coffee. I ordered 2 pounds of garlic from amazon that I need to get planted. Maybe I’ll do that today. DH is still sidelined from his cataract surgery, so I have to stay away from big projects for now. A week from today he goes back for a checkup and then he’ll be able to do what he wants.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Warm here today. Mid 40s, heading to upper 60s. FOG!! Yeah, about 300-400' visibility. It'll burn off eventually. Sun behind clouds and needed to help clear this up. Of course, the goats & chickens heard me open the back door....didn't need to see me! LOL, the food
bringer is awake.

So heavy days of work in a row here but, next week and thereafter, I will think I'm semi-retired. :lol: Farm work is waiting, maybe I will get some of it done with being home more days than working each week.

Some of the hens have decided to begin to lay again. I am seeing the goat does enlarging and will most likely have earlier kidding than wanted -- thanks to the "Houdini" buck that I'm rehoming soon. And far more scattered kidding. It is what it is. Just easier for sales to have them as a group -- take a whole load at once to sales barn. My first seed catalog arrived a few days ago. Guess Spring will follow soon....usually does.

Everyone get up and out. Count your blessings if you are up and reading. Be thankful for another day.:old

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
hey y'all, just finishing fixing breakfast bacon, biscuits, fried eggs, and hash browns today. today plan is to cleaning house, get the baby things washed and put away, school, some outside chores and maybe feed store we see how the day goes. my husband will be working on one of the vechical today so most of the time he wont be in the way of cleaning lol.

Xerocles

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
hey y'all, just finishing fixing breakfast bacon, biscuits, fried eggs, and hash browns today. today plan is to cleaning house, get the baby things washed and put away, school, some outside chores and maybe feed store we see how the day goes. my husband will be working on one of the vechical today so most of the time he wont be in the way of cleaning lol.
Hey, did you have the baby shower thing yet? Just wondering how it went.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
yes I did it went fine mostly was just my close friends from church showed up. it w1p5as a nice quite baby shower. my kids opened all the baby gifts and threw them on me they couldn't start opening them fast enough for themselves lol. we went to church and i kept getting stopped by others who couldn't make the shower who got us some things as well or are going to be giving us some things. this was one of the many photos they took IMG_2103.jpg

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
yes I did it went fine mostly was just my close friends from church showed up. it w1p5as a nice quite baby shower. my kids opened all the baby gifts and threw them on me they couldn't start opening them fast enough for themselves lol. we went to church and i kept getting stopped by others who couldn't make the shower who got us some things as well or are going to be giving us some things. this was one of the many photos they tookView attachment 67943

I am so glad that you had a nice shower and weren’t overwhelmed by it.

I’ve worked in the garden today. I dig a trench, then scooped sheep poop and put it in the trench. I covered that with soil, then sprinkled lime and azomite over that. Then my husband watered it in, complaining because I won’t let him outside to play. LOL After the doctor turns him loose next Monday, then we’ll get busy. Not about to let him screw up his eye surgery! Then I pulled 8 wagon loads of tall, dead weeds. Taking a break now. I may go peel the shrimp for the shrimp fettuccine Alfredo I’m making tonight.

Xerocles

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I am so glad that you had a nice shower and weren’t overwhelmed by it.

I’ve worked in the garden today. I dig a trench, then scooped sheep poop and put it in the trench. I covered that with soil, then sprinkled lime and azomite over that. Then my husband watered it in, complaining because I won’t let him outside to play. LOL After the doctor turns him loose next Monday, then we’ll get busy. Not about to let him screw up his eye surgery! Then I pulled 8 wagon loads of tall, dead weeds. Taking a break now. I may go peel the shrimp for the shrimp fettuccine Alfredo I’m making tonight.
That's IT? Thats all you did today? SLACKER!!
:lol: :lol::lol::lol::highfive:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
That's IT? Thats all you did today? SLACKER!!
:lol: :lol::lol::lol::highfive:
Well, no. I did morning and evening chores, feeding and such, sheep, chickens, horses. I did some training on my puppy, put him with the ewes and lambs-unsupervised! He did great. Friends came over and showed us phone videos of the Luke Combs concert they went to, another friend came over and got the tractor. I'm working on transitioning my female Great Pyrenees out of the back yard , she is a real nut case and is a story unto herself. She has been spending time with the other 3 dogs and the fights have been not so bad, only had to break up one that got too intense.

Xerocles

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Can we have a show of hands? How many of you hate going to town as much as I do? I'm not talking THE CITY. I mean a town 6 miles away, with one True Value and two traffic lights. I needed a few screws to finish a project today, and I procrastinated and put off until it was too late. And got almost nothing worthwhile accomplished. But I just hate to leave my little piece of ground anymore.

Latest posts